Lenses

Chriss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are there any lenses you guys would recommend buying? And would they ever come in handy for someone just starting out at photography? Thanks!

It is hard for someone to recommend because we do not know your budget, what type of photography you are interested in, what lens(es) you current have and what camera you are using.

Lens prices are ranging from double digits to 5 digits. Some of rare lenses maybe even more.

Heck, we don't even know what kind of camera you have. Suggest that you buy a camera body before you start collecting lenses.

Just make sure that the lens you buy, fits the camera you have....

Sony Cybershot DSC-H20
Budget - 300$
Interested in- Outdoor Photography (wildlife and such)
And i doubt i really need it right now considering im still learning basics.

If I am not mistaken, your camera is not capable of changing lens. You maybe able to add something on top of what you have. But sorry, I really do not know too much in that area since it could be model specific.

Yea I figured that was the case but I was planning on getting a new camera eventually so I don't really mind. Thanks though ;)

If you are very into photography, you may think about getting a used DSLR camera. $300 - $400 should be able to get you in. (but of course, once you are in, you may spend more, or less .. it depends).

I found a used Nikon D50 DLSR with lens in like new condition for my friend about 6 months ago for $250 (local craigslist). So browse around and you may find something good.

Looks to me like a fixed lens camera to me too. Nothing online says that you can swap lenses either.
|Edit| just a little too slow.

Be sure to check everything though. And research a little about what camera is going to suit your exact needs best.

I found a used Nikon D50 DLSR with lens in like new condition for my friend about 6 months ago for $250 (local craigslist). So browse around and you may find something good.

That's the camera I'm currently using, and it's a really good entry-level camera. And that's not a knock on "entry level" cameras...it's a darn good camera that you can take really good shots with, and at $250, that's a pretty good price.

I'm using the Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens with that. I do mostly travel photography and weight and flexibility are an issue, and that's a good "walkabout" lens. The reason I'm mentioning this is that when you move into zooms, especially ones as wide as 18-200mm, you sacrifice a little bit of image quality. But that said, the thing still takes great photos, and I've exhibited a number of photos taken with that lens, so it doesn't suck. :D

I hope this helps!!

Most reactions

Back