Let it glow.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Night long exposure with my new (to me) full frame 5D mk III. Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM. Settings f/8.0, 13 seconds at ISO 100. No filters used. Post processing in LR and PS

46525665785_54b7a304b5_b.jpg

Nice handling of the highlights. Looks like that thing has some great dynamic range.

Thanks John. I would be the last person that could intelligently talk about the dynamic range of a camera. But I do like the images out of it better than my old 7D mk II.

Now I need to test this one and my 1D mk IV side by side to see.

Is that plant near Simonole?

Very nice Ron. You'll grow to wonder how you ever did without the expanded DR.

Now (most) lenses will become what they were originally...a 24mm is pretty wide,a 50 is a 50,and 85mm is a very useful medium telephoto, even indoors,and the 70-200 zoom and the 300 prime are both VERY useful!

I ask because i set traffic counters near it in 2006.
Also released a turtle that a coworker wanted to take back to NM.

it looked really familiar to me.

Nice shot...........

Thank you.

No, that was near downtown Tulsa.

Very nice Ron. You'll grow to wonder how you ever did without the expanded DR.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to using it more.

I expect more great football photos from Sooner and Cowboys land now!

Thanks Dean. I still have the 1D mk IV for sports and this will be my second body.

Now (most) lenses will become what they were originally...a 24mm is pretty wide,a 50 is a 50,and 85mm is a very useful medium telephoto, even indoors,and the 70-200 zoom and the 300 prime are both VERY useful!

Yeah, I'm seeing a major difference so far.

Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8
Canon 85mm f/1.8

Now a super-potent lens lineup!

Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8
Canon 85mm f/1.8

Now a super-potent lens lineup!

Getting there. I need to upgrade the 24-70mm to the version II. Mine copy is giving me a little bit of sharpness issues but I'll get there. Got to add that 300 or 400mm f/2.8 soon for sports.

A good, used 300/2.8 would be a sweet acquisition,IMO.

I like the shot and without being in your editor, in the RAW file, it's hard to see exactly where you ended up but I sorta-kinda thought it might need just a touch more exposure...but your eye is always the most discerning.

lane.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back