let me know what you think about this photo. worked on it at location for an hour

djomlas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi,
i was at a very well lit parking lot in the mall, about 9:30pm or so, so its dark out.
i was waiting for all the cars to be passing by and getting different light streaks as they passed by, had the camera on the tripod and even set it to 2 second timer to definitely not have any shakes. zoomed in 10x (optical) and shot away., it was definitely good times trying to time all those cars passing by.
this is what i came up with. took me almost an hour or so, then the few select pictures were merged in to have a nice flow of colors in the background.
let me know what you think...

626520945_c049321c87_o.jpg

First of all....what is that you do...cause I want one of those. Secondly awesome capture here. Way cool concept

I like the concept and execution but the slight tilt of the cars going by I can't get over, and the frame is way too much.

Very cool shot!

i do agree with cig though, not really diggin the frame.

love this car too. :mrgreen:

Like everyone else has said, get rid of the frame.

It's nice shot given that you couldn't move the car around, the trees really ruined the composition.

Yeah nice shot mate, loving the light trails. Saw another shot like this once, just after it had rained, there was a puddle below the car, which with the reflection added an awesome twist to the photo, watch out for that.
Wouldnt be my choice of colour car tho :D. personal opinion :)

i took another one like you said, with the puddle.
what do you guys think about this?
638906175_9b86b5e521_o.jpg

probably, but that was the only puddle and thats where it was, and the only light around there was that one, lol.
so i just took it ;)

Oh this will make me unpopular :)

I like the idea with the exception that you have a dark interior and thru the windows and a corner of the roof that blend too much into the dark trees. So you loose the curves of the car.

Regards,
Peter Witham

that is very true.
i do have about 20 or so shots like this in different settings on the camera. so i can work something out.
its just that the light was at the wrong place, thats all i can say lol

As a tip, don't try to make the car the even line in the frame. You have a horizon, and with that off, you ruin the entire picture.

lol, im just glad someone actually listened to something i said lol! I quite like it, i just like the way with a reflection it adds another aspect to the whole shot. And it works with alot of things, bringing reflections and puddles into play. I agree with GRFXGURU the lighting could be a little better, and im not sure what the orange lines are through the puddle??
But well done, nice shot non the less.

I believe the orange lines are probably cars passing by on a long exposure? But I'm guessing.

I forgot to add.....love those wheel rims :)

Regards,
Peter Witham

Most reactions

New Topics

Back