What's new

Let me know what you think

First thing I see is that your ISO is low in both images. They're both under exposed and have a good amount of room before worrying about blowing anything out.
What metering mode were you in? A wide area metering mode will be affected by the brighter skies/background that can darken the subject. I normally use spot metering on the subject.It's not always the right choice but if I have a defined subject it's what I would normally use.

In the surfer image it appears that the tip of the board may be the most in focus point but both images are soft. Unsure if its a limitation of the available light or if it's because of focusing limitations/focus points use.
What focusing mode were you in? SportACF? How many focus points were active?

I've brightened each image and screen shotted the images below. However getting the exposure better in camera will make life easier and in some cases retain more detail.
I think I'll end it here because of the focus combined with underexposure I wouldn't use the images and take it as a learning experience on how you could do better next time.

It's a good effort but I don't think the lighting and maybe a setting or two were working against you.

View attachment 302023
View attachment 302024
It might have been in multi mode but know it is
First thing I see is that your ISO is low in both images. They're both under exposed and have a good amount of room before worrying about blowing anything out.
What metering mode were you in? A wide area metering mode will be affected by the brighter skies/background that can darken the subject. I normally use spot metering on the subject.It's not always the right choice but if I have a defined subject it's what I would normally use.

In the surfer image it appears that the tip of the board may be the most in focus point but both images are soft. Unsure if its a limitation of the available light or if it's because of focusing limitations/focus points use.
What focusing mode were you in? SportACF? How many focus points were active?

I've brightened each image and screen shotted the images below. However getting the exposure better in camera will make life easier and in some cases retain more detail.
I think I'll end it here because of the focus combined with underexposure I wouldn't use the images and take it as a learning experience on how you could do better next time.

It's a good effort but I don't think the lighting and maybe a setting or two were working against you.

View attachment 302023
I shot in manual mode with wide multi Af but have since changed to center narrow. So you could and probably are spot on. This is my first non point and shoot camera. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom