Lets have an auction!

What do you think would be a good price for this image?

• less (please explain)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • $100

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • $150

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • $200

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • $250

• $300

• more (please explain)

• Total voters

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Le'ts conclude this experiment.

[orginal post removed]

Last edited:
hmmm... 2 responses. So does that mean "I wouldn't buy it no matter what you charged?" :lol:

Maybe a clarification... not really looking for what necessarily and one particular person would pay, so much as maybe "what price would you not be surprised by"?

Well so far this is a statistical bust. I have one vote for nearly each option. lol

Not sure why you can't see the pic- may have been a server glitch.

I think part of the problem is that its hard to tell how much a photo really is worth - best thing is to charge as high as you think you can get away with ;)

also if we are to get rid of the Devils term what word do we use instead?

I think part of the problem is that its hard to tell how much a photo really is worth - best thing is to charge as high as you think you can get away with ;)

Thanks that's WICKED helpful. :lmao: I think that was the original point of my thread... trying to figure out what the heck I can get away with. :lol:

also if we are to get rid of the Devils term what word do we use instead?

Anything but. "Banana Effect" for all I care. Bokeh must die. In all seriousness, I usually say "depth of field effect" or "blurred background".

I voted less than $100.00. Not a whole lot of style in this shot. Looks Like someone just drove by in a helicopter and pressed the shutter.

Edited to make less snarky...

So explain to me how, exactly one makes a more creative shot of a bridge other than an interesting angle flying over it? It's a bridge, I'm over it, I'm at an interesting angle, banking... short of the bridge having a huge accident on it, I don't see how this gets too much more interesting.

The mere fact that the shot is taken from a helicopter makes the shot fairly unique, the angle and banking over the bridge ever the more so. "Just driving by in a helicopter" is hardly a triviality for most people.

To date you are the only person who has seen this shot who hasn't been completely enthralled by it, so I'm intrigued to say the least.

Last edited:
Differing opinions are healthy in forums. My thoughts are never ridiculous. I would have chosen a better time of day or a composition that did not include many different elements that make the scene confusing. Let's see the contact sheet from this shoot and discuss the matter further. No excuses. Do it.

Love & Bass

I'd pay less than $100 simply because I live in South Africa (making $100 = R700), and because I don't find that shot paticularly interesting.

Yes, it's an aerial shot. Yes, it's at an interesting angle (what was your banking angle? Seems pretty steep). Yes, it's of a bridge. And yes, some rich person would probably buy it for his/her 'modern' apartment.
It's also difficult to judge the quality of the picture because it's on the net. The buildings look blurred and almost pixelated around the edges. Now, that could be because of my eyes, my PC, or the effects of resizing.

Differing opinions are healthy in forums. My thoughts are never ridiculous. I would have chosen a better time of day or a composition that did not include many different elements that make the scene confusing. Let's see the contact sheet from this shoot and discuss the matter further. No excuses. Do it.

I should put back the snarky response I had earlier.

In the year-ish that I've been actively back on these forums, I've not had a single person be quite as obnoxious as you are being here.

I'm not crying about it, I'm just reasonably amazed. So, I'm going to conclude my conversation with you now.

I'd pay less than $100 simply because I live in South Africa (making $100 = R700), and because I don't find that shot paticularly interesting.

Yes, it's an aerial shot. Yes, it's at an interesting angle (what was your banking angle? Seems pretty steep). Yes, it's of a bridge. And yes, some rich person would probably buy it for his/her 'modern' apartment.
It's also difficult to judge the quality of the picture because it's on the net. The buildings look blurred and almost pixelated around the edges. Now, that could be because of my eyes, my PC, or the effects of resizing.

Yeah, this wasn't so much what would YOU pay, as what do you think someone in the market for a print (presumably someone who would appreciate this image because it is local to them) would pay for such a thing.

Most of my images are of a "local" nature, now that I think about it. Interesting.

Thanks for the feedback.

So explain to me how, exactly one makes a more creative shot of a bridge other than an interesting angle flying over it? It's a bridge, I'm over it, I'm at an interesting angle, banking... short of the bridge having a huge accident on it, I don't see how this gets too much more interesting.

I missed the photo, but from this response I'm assuming it was less than spectacular. If you aren't into the subject, if it does not excite you, if you are a mere documentarian rather than an artist, if all you are doing is what anyone else could do with the same gear, then the photo is probably worth what it would cost to send someone out to take the photo.

:lol:

No, I was quite into the subject. I think whathisface is totally off the mark on this one. The shot is actually very cool IMO. In fact, compared to the other hundreds of shots I took on that helicopter trip where I went "yawn... ho hum... a boring picture of a city from a helicopter", this one was like "WHOA!!! COOL!!!" (for me, anyway...)

I killed this particular thread (sorta killed it, anyway) because some people were being pretty unconstructive and/or totally missing the point. This happens from time to time, I just didn't feel like dealing with it.

For example... look at your own post... making the assumption the shot was less than spectacular even though you didn't see it?

Anyway... mooooooving on.

hahah someone voted "less than $100" AFTER I removed it.

Ok that's funny.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back