Lets have an auction!

What do you think would be a good price for this image?

• less (please explain)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • $100

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • $150

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • $200

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • $250

• $300

• more (please explain)

• Total voters
Personally I find a shot of white (well forum white) to be very revealing and interesting. And it has a lot of uses!
Number one is that when I blow the image up to full screen size I can spot screen dirt! Now were I to buy software to do this it would cost a fortune - throw in a few screen wipes and I think you are onto a big online seller there manaheim ;)

Last edited:
put the image back up...... i didn't get a chance to see it... seems it's stirring quite the controversy.... that usually means it's worth a lot of money...

I guess I missed the joke........ or as the usual case, a day late and a dollar short.

However, if you (manaheim) so quickly pulled the photo from public display on the comment by 'craig', then it appears from the outside, that you may not have been that impressed with your own work (this time).

I too, would like to see the image, but alas, I refrain and use only my imagination at this point.

Actually one of the things that's kind of intriguing about this shot is the spacing of the red cars... I haven't gone as far as measuring them, but they look REALLY equidistant... like almost a statistics problem in action.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you does not mean you should pick up your toys and go home.
My honest opinion? The angle is too severe and the colors are flat with no saturation or contrast.
Sorry if that upsets you.

but they look REALLY equidistant....
Can't say that is what I see, but it could obviously be a perspective issue. What I see is that red car 1a (West bound traffic of lower bridge from this image) is almost covered in the cabeling of spire #1 in lane 1 and car 1b is about 4 car lengths in front of the crossing shadow and in lane #2. Car 2a is pleasingly centered, but in lane 3. Car 3a is about 8 or 9 car lengths behind the crossing shadow of spire #2 and in lane #3. Not sure that equates to equidistant.

Not trying to be snarky. The photo is good , but I am getting a crick in my neck looking at it. :D

Personally, I would up the contrast a little bit.

Other than that I think it's a very cool shot.

Shots like this however, are tough to gauge, which is why I think you're having such varied responses.

Unlike a photo of the Empire State Building, The Golden Gate Bridge, or the Statue of Liberty, a shot of this bridge is very much something that would appeal to locals only.

While it is a nice and interesting shot, being from Buffalo, I'm not all that enthralled by it.

However a person in Boston may very well pay a nice fee for it. I have photos of sites here in Buffalo, that while they are nice photos in their own right, not many people are going to like unless they are from Buffalo.

That's why I think you're getting some less than enthusiastic responses. Alot of the appeal of your photo is the local factor, which you're not going to get with someone not from Boston.

That being said, if this were a similar picture of the Peace BRidge here in Buffalo, I'd think someone here would pay $100-$150 for it. Boston is more expensive, so maybe adjust accordingly

Last edited:
^^^ that's really excellent feedback, thank you.

I suspect you are right. It was actually this thread that led me to realize that soooooo many of my pictures are actually very much of a local appeal. I should probably branch out, but currently I'm really enjoying taking Boston related pictures. Boston is kinda' cool. :)

Still, good to think about and plan for.

Thanks for the comments.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you does not mean you should pick up your toys and go home.
My honest opinion? The angle is too severe and the colors are flat with no saturation or contrast.
Sorry if that upsets you.

I regret taking the image down ONLY because that really wasn't what I was doing.

It takes a lot to genuinely upset me, but I was in a bad mood for reasons outside this thread, and felt certain people on the thread were being silly... snarky... something. Can't think of a good word.

Something about just shrugging off hanging out the side of a helicopter and getting a unique shot as a "drive by" just really hit me the wrong way. :lol:

Anyway, I just didn't feel like dealing with it, so I hoped if I took it down people would just move on. Clearly that became more of an invite to come give me more of a hard time than before... which is interesting.

Blood in the water! :)

Can't say that is what I see, but it could obviously be a perspective issue. What I see is that red car 1a (West bound traffic of lower bridge from this image) is almost covered in the cabeling of spire #1 in lane 1 and car 1b is about 4 car lengths in front of the crossing shadow and in lane #2. Car 2a is pleasingly centered, but in lane 3. Car 3a is about 8 or 9 car lengths behind the crossing shadow of spire #2 and in lane #3. Not sure that equates to equidistant.

Not trying to be snarky. The photo is good , but I am getting a crick in my neck looking at it. :D

hahaha... "snarky" is such a great word.

Someday when I'm super bored I'm gonna figure out a way to measure it accurately and see. :)

The pic is actually hanging up on the wall at my office... it's funny to see just how many people walk up and actually turn their heads to look at it. Very amusing.

Sorry for 4 posts in a row... actually didn't realize I had more responses when I did the first one.

In all seriousness, I'd like to put this one to bed. So if everyone feels like they've had their say, I'd love to move on.

Thanks for all the comments!

I should put back the snarky response I had earlier.

In the year-ish that I've been actively back on these forums, I've not had a single person be quite as obnoxious as you are being here.

I'm not crying about it, I'm just reasonably amazed. So, I'm going to conclude my conversation with you now.

Bummer you took down the post and decided to turn away. I was hoping to see a contact sheet and discuss what was going on when you took the shot. I hope to see more of your work, but if you are going to remove it when opposing views come along you should think twice. I invite you to check out my M.I.L.K thread. It is a positive place to showcase your most amazing moments.

Love & Bass

Bummer you took down the post and decided to turn away. I was hoping to see a contact sheet and discuss what was going on when you took the shot. I hope to see more of your work, but if you are going to remove it when opposing views come along you should think twice. I invite you to check out my M.I.L.K thread. It is a positive place to showcase your most amazing moments.

Love & Bass

See the key bit is it was not really intended to be a discussion about the particular image, it was intended to be a discussion about pricing for prints. I could just as well have put up a picture of the mona lisa, in effect. Ok, maybe not that, but hopefully you see my point.

So since the thread was spiralling off into a guardrail, I figured I'd try to just end it.

I will admit I did get defensive... not sure why... maybe just because I didn't expect the criticism here... or it could be just because your particular criticism was at once authoritative and dismissive. It really was kind of annoing. :)

TBH, I don't even know what you mean by a contact sheet... unless you mean just a collection of all the shots I took on that particular helicopter trip... but I don't much see the point of that. Most of them were fine, but fairly unexciting.

I put up my pictures for commentary and critique all the time, and get a variety of responses- favorable and non. Always open to criticism, it just wasn't the point here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back