Let's Play Help the Newbie

I shoot with a D80 and I love it. With the prices the way they are right now you might just want to spring for the D200 which has a little bit better build construction. I don't like the D40 because it gets really unbalanced with any decent sized lens on it. Other options are the D50, D70, and D100 (my backup body), which are not in production anymore and may not have all the bells and whistles, but are nice stout bodies that produce a good image. The only gripe I have with the Nikon system is a) G lenses, and b) the cost of the nice fast Nikon glass (that's also true of Canon). Thankfully for me, 3rd party lens makers, especially Sigma, are making better and better quality lenses for a fraction of the price.

As an aside...I'm really new to the forum, but I've already noticed, to my irritation, that in a lot of threads people say something like the Nikon D-- is good, or bad, or whatever, but then follow that up with "I'm a Canon user," or vice versa. It doesn't really help anyone to offer an opinion on something you've never used.

You can't go wrong with the D80. AND Nikon is about to drop the price by $100 (around the end of February). So wait a few days to buy!

That sounds great. Are we sure it's going to happen?

brileyphotog said:
With the prices the way they are right now you might just want to spring for the D200 which has a little bit better build construction.

I have looked at the D200 some. It's definitely enticing. In the end, I think what it will boil down to is how long I can stand to save my money before I give in and buy something. :lol: If I can afford the D200, I'll definitely go for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back