let's really depress me

I met my man, Adrian, about 3 and a half years ago. We'd both just finished high school and all my friends at school decided to spend 'schoolies' (big post-grad-week-long party!!) at Magnetic Island which is about a 4 hour drive and a boat ride south of where I live. Adrian and his friends (who also happen to live in the same city as me) also decided to go to this island. Anyway, both the groups ended up staying at the same campgrounds. One night, as you do on schoolies, I had drunk just a little too much and decided to sober off a little by taking a walk along the beach. I came across a bunch of people, including Adrian sitting round talking and playing guitar. So I sat down there with them - still incredibly drunk and managed to make a complete fool of myself as always. But I completely fell for him right then on the beach. ahh Love at first sight. We freaked everyone out a bit though the next day because he spent the night in my bed (don't worry nothing happened) - but I was always the good little high school student and then I just meet a guy and hook up. It was completely not me. And I'd specifically said I before schoolies that I wasn't going to hook up with anyone! Grr!

So anyway, after a week of hanging out together and getting along really well, schoolies was over. *sob* without even a kiss! *sob* Anyway, neither of us had given each other any contact details, mainly coz we were too hung over to think straight. So when we both got back to Cairns (where we both lived) we rang all our friends to find out each others phone number. To make things worse, I was living in a hotel for a week because the cork tiles in my house were being redone! Then I went to Byron Bay for a week or two and then something else came up. So finally after about a month of not being able to go out, we finally fixed a date and we've been unseperable since!

Well except for the fact that a year later, he moved to Brisbane (2hr plane ride south) to do some more studying and then a year after that, I moved to France for a year! :) At least when we were in the same country we could fly to see each other every month or so. But this is the longest we've gone without seeing each other! But to make things worse, when I go back to Oz in July I've still got a Semester of study to do in Cairns before I can move to Brisbane with him! Ah well. One day...

*** Sorry to upset you ferny

Ahh yes drunken love at first sight... That's the stuff dreams are made of.

Ok...you're gonna make me all smiley and happy by making me re-call this memory, ya know!.

I was dating my ex for 4 1/2 excrutiating months...4 1/2 months of him cancelling plans, blowing me off, never once complimenting me or making me feel special, and I was sick of it. My good friend (the same one that hooked me up with him) and her boyfriend kept telling me just to leave him, and that I could do much better. I was being reluctant and hesitant because his mom was going through some tough stuff health-wise, and I didn't want to make things worse for him, even though I knew the relationship was never going to go any further. Well, one day, after he had just blown me off again, and hadn't called me in 3 days, or answered my calls...I was tired of it, and text messaged him, and said I wasn't going to try anymore...if he wanted me, he would have to call me.

That night I was talking to my friends (the one that set us up) boyfriend on the phone (my friend was in the same room as him, on the computer...she just had surgery and couldnt' talk)...and he could tell I was depressed about something, and even though I wouldn't tell him, he knew it was cuz of James the Jerk (as he is now refferred to). He tried cheering me up for 1/2 an hour, then said our goodbyes and whatnot. A few minutes later, he calls back and says "wanna go on a date?" I go, "I'm not sure Tiffany would like that!" He's said, "Not with me!!!"....Then he explained that he meant with his friend Erik. I was really reluctant, cuz I wasn't even 'officially' broken up with James yet. So I kept saying "not yet, lets give it a few days", but Dustin and Tiffany wouldn't let me say know...Tiffany was on the computer talking to Erik...she told Dustin to tell me that she already told Erik I said yes, so I had to go! I would only agree if we just did a group thing (5 of us went out) and it wasn't an official 'date'. They agreed.

Two days later, I still hadn't heard from James....and since he wouldn't answer his phone, I sent him another text message (it had been 5 days since I heard anything from him at all) saying 'it's over'. That night, I went on my first 'date' with Erik, Dustin, Tiffany, and Erik's cousin BJ. I thought he was a pretty nice guy, even though he was quiet and kinda shy. Hehehehe...and the first thing I noticed about him physycally was his cute dimples when he smiled! :)

Anyway...the whole 'date' lasted about 6 hours...dinner, a movie, drinks at Machelle's Backstreet Pub, and back to Dustin and Tiffany's just to hang out for a while. Erik and I left at the same time, and we talked, and he asked for my number before he left. :) :) :) He called me two days later, and asked if I wanted to go out again..of course I said yes...and we went on our very first REAL date. It was pretty nice...I either saw him or talked to him nearly every day that week...Tiffany and Dustin had a party 8 days after the first day I met Erik...he was supposed to have to work, and wouldn't be able to be there...(6pm-6am), but when I got off work at 11, he was there! Tiff and Dustin said they are positive he skipped out on work (actually, he got himself fired...long story, but he hated the place, and had been trying to get fired for 6 months...he tried extra hard that night, and got sent home for driving his forklift with the forks up).

So he was there...we ended up going to a couple bars...one for the karaoke (Dustin is a DJ and loves to sing!), and the other for the game room they had. Erik NEVER drinks, but he did that night...I wasn't drinking so I was driving him around...when I drove him back to Tiff and Dustins...before he got out of the car...he told me he wasn't good at talking about his feelings n stuff, but he really liked me, and wanted to make it official..so he asked me to be his girlfriend. :heart: :heart: I think he was only drinking that night to get up the nerve to ask me out. :) Then he kissed me, and left. It's been almost a year and a half now, and I'm more in love with him everyday!!!

Thanks for letting me re-tell that story..it always makes me beam! :)

EDIT: Made em into paragraphs for Fern-man!

Met her one lonely night, convinced her to leave prostitution for good, and we've been happy ever since.

Actually, met her at a party/concert, she's leaving for Boston in 3 weeks, long distance dating isn't for us, so we'll never know if we were right for each other....such is life. :meh:

Love of my life? Pah. I've never been in love. Does that make you feel a little bit better?

He walked into the office where I was working as a medical assistant, many moons ago. He was a patient :puke: and I make it a point never to get personal with a patient. But it was just one of those moments. I thought he was gorgeous and fumbled like a newbie while having to take his vital signs. And he said later he figured his blood pressure would be off the charts because he was stunned that his nurse was a babe (his words, people, not mine!) and it was like a bizarre fantasy. :mrgreen: Or something.

But we started chatting and it was this instantaneous connection. I was separated from my first husband and really didn't feel like meeting anyone, so it was annoying to be so smitten. :-x I dragged it out for 2 years while getting a divorce and living by myself for awhile, just to do it. But eventually we knew we had to get married and live happily ever after. So, that's what we did. :lovey:

My brother was too shy to introduce himself to a hottie he spotted in a club and asked me to hook the two of them up (I didn't know her either).... being outgoing (and half cocktailed) I introduced myself to her and asked her out myself (figuring it would be a good way to bone my brother...lol)...anyways she forced me to marry her 2 1/2 years later - i told her on the altar that i didn't want to marry her, she said i'd fall in love with her sooner or later...that was 21 years ago.....and she was right.

SWFLA1 said:
My brother was too shy to introduce himself to a hottie he spotted in a club and asked me to hook the two of them up (I didn't know her either).... being outgoing (and half cocktailed) I introduced myself to her and asked her out myself (figuring it would be a good way to bone my brother...lol)...anyways she forced me to marry her 2 1/2 years later - i told her on the altar that i didn't want to marry her, she said i'd fall in love with her sooner or later...that was 21 years ago.....and she was right.

:biglaugh:

I'll make mine short and sweet..

Mutual friend, computer, dating for a while, married for 6 years, happy ... :)

The love of my life? Well I was walking past the camera shop when I saw it in the window and it was just love at first sight.....

Hertz van Rental said:
The love of my life? Well I was walking past the camera shop when I saw it in the window and it was just love at first sight.....
I bet the two of you have had plenty of Kodak moments together.

my niece.

with my sister sitting on the table in the hospital holding her for the first time. i cried like i had never cried before. to this day(2 years later) i would die a thousand deaths to keep her away from pain and suffering.

md

Corry - PARAGRAPHS!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

treehuggerhikerboy - ouch! Sorry to hear that. She ever coming back?

mad_malteaser - Well, it kinda makes me feel less like a freak. So thanks! :mrgreen:

terri - Aww, love at first vomit? :mrgreen:
There's a programme here called No Angles about four nurses. Last week the goodie-two-shoes one hooked up with a patient. She discharged him because he looked fine and she didn't want to date a patient. On the night of the first date they had sex and he had a massive asthma attack. :mrgreen:
Glad yours worked out a bit better.

SWFLA1 - :lol:

Matt - I know you like them young, but isn't that pushing it a bit far? :scartch:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back