What's new

Lets see your editing skills

Charlie, Ceeboy,

You couldn't raise the contrast without clipping the highlights??! The highlights in the original are not clipped -- they're close but that's no excuse.

On the board 100 times:

I will not clip highlights in post processing.

Joe

Sorry.. I was being lazy! :(

I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.
I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing.I will not clip highlights in post processing. :-P
 
Last edited:
Here's mine...
Adjusted contrast, levels, brightness and a little dodging and burning.
Oh yeah ... and I added a head.
$CanadianG2.webp
 
Here's mine...
Adjusted contrast, levels, brightness and a little dodging and burning.
Oh yeah ... and I added a head.
View attachment 40154

Nice.... so the Parents of your goose were eating the radioactive, toxic sludge I mentioned and produced a mutant! lol! Good work!
 
Last edited:
When you're stuck on a file, I always recommend a heavy vignette, some aggressive tone mapping, and hosting on photobucket :sexywink:

CanadianG2_zpsa5fc6cfe.jpg


Kidding of course, Charlie's edit is really good. But his does not look like an awesome fire goose.

B&W HDR, cool. ;)
 
When you're stuck on a file, I always recommend a heavy vignette, some aggressive tone mapping, and hosting on photobucket :sexywink:

Kidding of course, Charlie's edit is really good. But his does not look like an awesome fire goose.

Is that a challenge? lol!

I prefer RadioActive Geese myself... feeding on the bottoms of our rivers... all that toxic sludge... scary, huh?
View attachment 40135

This is the after effects of a nuclear test. (Or I need to not take the dayquil so early in the morning)
 
Initially, I took a quick glance at the histogram and started to make the requisite adjustment but when I did, I started picking up some chromatic aberration (to the purple side) so quit that and did the simple stuff. I simply didn't have the time to give it the full Monty.

In the new edit, I only had to reduce the highlights by a -7 to lose the clip. Other than losing the clip, reducing the noise, and giving a bit of a darkening to the water, releasing some of the details in the reflection, I didn't change much from the original edit.

$8594245191_01f5345a64_o.webp
 
$CanadianG2.webp

Since you already cropped the goose's butt off, crop to the important part, with a reasonably well placed point of interest/visual center.

Desaturate because I like B&W and the goose is pretty monochrome anyways. Adjust tonal placement to taste with curves. Add noise, since you're already noisy just go with that. Selectively slightly blur and airbrush to darker everything except the central point of interest, to bring out the important things.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom