Lets talk 1000 person guest list

Pukka312

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.uniquexpressionsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was looking back through some of my older photos and still can't get over the size of this wedding. I'm not sure if all 1000 guests showed up, but it certainly was the largest event I've ever covered. Most weddings here seem to average around 500 guests, but this was just crazy big! I had to stich 3 photos together to get the entire venue in 1 shot.
$Untitled_Panorama1web.jpg

thats a pretty big guest list. and thats a LOT of people. and its pretty cool that you stitched together 3 pictures to get it...
however...its not really a very compelling photograph. its a panoramic picture of some match head sized people. you cant make out anyone there.
I guess its good just to show the sheer volume of people, but I cant think of any other use for it.
i see some people waaaaaaay off in the background in the aisle, and if they were right up in the front where you could tell who they were, (like on that white mat) this might have made a better picture.

thats a pretty big guest list. and thats a LOT of people. and its pretty cool that you stitched together 3 pictures to get it...
however...its not really a very compelling photograph. its a panoramic picture of some match head sized people. you cant make out anyone there.
I guess its good just to show the sheer volume of people, but I cant think of any other use for it.
i see some people waaaaaaay off in the background in the aisle, and if they were right up in the front where you could tell who they were, (like on that white mat) this might have made a better picture.

Yeah, it's really only a venue shot. I usually go for 1 venue shot at each event without flash...which usually leads to motion blur. I try to minimize the people in those shots for that reason. :) It's the only shot I have like this.

i worked for a company years ago that had a LOT of employees.
we did a company photo every year, and they always had a photographer fly by in a helicopter to get the shot. we would all have to stand there, outside, while the helicopter made a few passes.

we did a company photo every year, and they always had a photographer fly by in a helicopter to get the shot. we would all have to stand there, outside, while the helicopter made a few passes.

I'm not sure I'd like to be dangling from a helicopter with my camera to get the shot. I'm a wee bit afraid of heights....well, actually just a wee bit afraid of plunging to my death

I'm not sure I'd like to be dangling from a helicopter with my camera to get the shot. I'm a wee bit afraid of heights....well, actually just a wee bit afraid of plunging to my death

pretty sure the photographer was inside the helicopter shooting from a door or window or something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back