What's new

Letter Balls for C&C

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
239
Reaction score
0
Location
Wichita, KS
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I had the itch tonight to take pics of something. Here's what I came up with, I was trying to work on my DOF. I'm afraid that I may have missed my focus on a few of the shots. Please C&C I appreciate all the help that I can get. Thanks!

1.
NameBall_1694.jpg



2.
NameBall_1705.jpg



3.
NameBall_1695.jpg



4.
NameBall_1705.jpg



5.
BallName_1684.jpg
 
I think #5 is the best only because they are all in focus...

I would assume with something like this where you are spelling a name, you would want the whole thing in focus... Not just the middle or the ends?

Other than that I think they look okay ;)

but I'm a noob... so take this with a grain of salt ;)
 
my wife had mentioned the same thing. She's not a big fan of small DOF so I am looking to see what others think. Thanks for the C&C anyone else have some comments/critiques for me?
 
I like the composition on no. 1 the best. I think more DOF (as mentioned) with all letters in focus would look better. Also, the L on the right is half in the dark.

Neat shot.
 
3 looks underexposed but the rest look pretty good, although the composition could be changed up a bit maybe.

Not sure seems like something is missing imo, it would help if you listed your lighting situation
 
my bad should have listed that in my original post. I was just using my SB600 w/ a honl 1/8in speed grid ranging from 1/32 - 1/64 from multiple positions: #1 camera left, #2 above the subject, #3 again camera left, #4 directly above the subject, and #5 camera right
 
My first thought was what do letter balls have to do with bird seed?

Ha ha, bird seed is the only thing I had around the house to keep the balls from rolling off the table. I thought that they added some good texture, but apparently you and bitter disagree?
 
Thats a good idea, maybe I'll give that a whirl tonight
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom