letter of permision

atutka1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi I would like to ask, how write letter for permission to photograph bands,gigs or venues. I wrote something like this, could you tell me is that correct? thank you

adress line1
adress line2

Midas Productions
Baggot St
Dublin 1

10/12/10

Dear

I am a freelance photographer working independently to promote artists and venues and would like to photograph acts in your premises. These photographs would be used for promotional purposes on an entertainment website. There would be no charge to you for this promotion. If you are willing to facilitate this, please let me know.

Yours faithfully

Last edited:
I doubt you would get a response.

The letter doesn't do a very good job of promoting the freelance photographer. If you can't effectively promote yourself, how good could you be at promoting the venue and bands.
Figure too that things like model releases from the band members, a property release from the venue, and some sort of contract may also need to be involved.

I don't think a letter would be nearly as effective as arranging an in person visit and presentation of the freelance photographers work (portfolio), and prior promotions on the entertainment web site.

Even better is being able to show that the free promotions actually resulted in increased attendance at a venue that was promoted on the entertainment web site.

Hi I would like to ask, how write letter for permission to photograph bands,gigs or venus. I wrote something like this, could you tell me is that correct? thank you

Well there's your problem. Stop trying to take pictures of Venus. The moon is much closer, and doesn't require those pesky releases. Hell, even Mars gives it up for free.

hi i understand you. If I would like to taking pics the band or venues just for myself, what should I do? It's a lot of places where i need to have permision. Do you know how to write general letter of permision on that kind of stuff?

Umm, you not only need permission from the venue operator, but also from the different performers there. Personally if someone sent me a letter like that or similar it would go in the trash before I finished it. Make personal contact for something like this and have your **** together before talking with them. Better sit and figure if it was you what questions you would want answered and have the answers ready for them.......... and be ready for a solid "no freeking way" as an answer.

Last edited:
and, in the event that you eventually do get permission, make sure that you have, in-hand a release letter REVIEWED BY YOUR SOLICITOR!

Most reactions

Back