Life Begins at 40!

Morgan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is that what we have to look forward to?

LifeBeginsAt.jpg

This is a very nice photo. I like how the shadow of the street light (?) points directly at the lady, and how you give her all this space to look into.

And does your question mean to say that she seems unhappy to you? Only because she's old and needs to rest on the bench after her shopping at Sainsbury's?

I asked my mom the question whether growing old meant growing increasingly unhappy when she was around 60 or so and I thought that 'very old' (I was then 25), and she said "No. Why. Each and every age has its advantages. Little disadvantages to each and every age, too, of course. But you can enjoy life at all stages. Things change, sure. We change, too. But you need not stop enjoying life."

I think her philosophy got challenged in the last couple of weeks of her life when her cancer was positively killing her, but before? Not for one moment!

LaFoto, I agree with you. You should enjoy your life as much as possible there for you. Yes, a person changes from one period of life to another. If looking at me and looking back in the past, from making stupid things in adolenscence, from looking for a job after school, then working there for 10 years now, becoming photographer in last year.......who knows what future will bring, I can't wait to see what :D

Best regards m8s

I dont know why I said that, she doesnt really look unhappy - just sort of expressionless? I think your mom was right, and obviously a thinker! One of my moms great sayings is 'dont worry about the past - things you cant change - only worry and do something about the things you can'.

The one thing we all have in common here though is our ability to see beauty in all kind of things.
A lady said to me today when I was photgraphing a church that it 'looked lovely today' - she then realised what she had said and said that it did everyday, she just didnt see it - so now maybe she will see how beautiful it is everyday!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back