Life flight helicopter?

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I am going to remove the sun flare that is on the side of the helicopter. Would someone say it looks like it is on fire? I have looked at it too long. What else would you change? I want to keep the edit dramatic. Thanks TPF.
$_MGL0259.jpg

No. If it was a real fire, it would look completely different. But you can remove it if you wish. Too bad the near side is in shade.

I would bring up the exposure on the bird itself... make it pop...

No. If it was a real fire, it would look completely different. But you can remove it if you wish. Too bad the near side is in shade.
Would you keep the flare?

I like the flare, it's fine as is.

Less fine is the near-side landing skid being lost against the body of the helicopter. The horizontal strut visually above the far-side skid further confounds the situation. I'd try to tweak that near side skid out a bit so we can see it better.

I like the flare, it's fine as is.

Less fine is the near-side landing skid being lost against the body of the helicopter. The horizontal strut visually above the far-side skid further confounds the situation. I'd try to tweak that near side skid out a bit so we can see it better.
Whoa there pilot. What the what? So your saying add more black into the landing thingy and then lessen the highlights around it? I need to get out my helicopter parts manual.

The two ski things on the bottom are "landing skids" ;)

There are two horizontal thingies silhouetted against the sky -- one is a ski thing for landing on, and the other is.. some sort of other thing. A "horizontal strut" which is engineering for "thing, horizontal"

Of the two ski things that it lands on, one is easily seen against the sky. The other is visible, but not VERY, against the side of the helicopter. There seems to be a little highlight running along the top of it, which I would just dodge slightly to bring that one out.

The point about the "horizontal strut" is that it confused me into thinking it was the other landing skid ("ski thing") for a moment, and then I was all 'OK, WHAT NOW?!" for a moment because it's not ski shaped at all. I dunno what the heck it is.

the landing thingy

Yes, they're called "skids", one on each side. There is apparently a step also, probably on both sides, and we cannot see the near side details.

Sun flare is not the hugest issue in my estimation.

The two ski things on the bottom are "landing skids" ;)

There are two horizontal thingies silhouetted against the sky -- one is a ski thing for landing on, and the other is.. some sort of other thing. A "horizontal strut" which is engineering for "thing, horizontal"

Of the two ski things that it lands on, one is easily seen against the sky. The other is visible, but not VERY, against the side of the helicopter. There seems to be a little highlight running along the top of it, which I would just dodge slightly to bring that one out.

The point about the "horizontal strut" is that it confused me into thinking it was the other landing skid ("ski thing") for a moment, and then I was all 'OK, WHAT NOW?!" for a moment because it's not ski shaped at all. I dunno what the heck it is.
Thanks amoliter. I learn something new everyday. I am ready to fly.

I wish it had movement (blur) in the blades, looks like the engine died and its falling out of the sky but otherwise it looks great.

I would bring up the exposure on the bird itself... make it pop...
I will try a different edit with more emphasis on the helicopter and see how you guys like it.

I wish it had movement (blur) in the blades, looks like the engine died and its falling out of the sky but otherwise it looks great.

I agree with this..

I have more shots right after take off where you can defiantly tell the blades are spinning. I will post some more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back