Life in a Day - The American Way

Torrey Meeks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. I decided to post this here based on the way it was shot on my Rebel T2i. It's a short non-fiction film about my life in a day. I made it for a YouTube contest.

I shot 95% of it on my Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens and the majority of the film consists of closeups with my interviewees with some good helpings of B-roll to keep things visually compelling.

All thoughts welcome! I'm always looking for constructive criticism:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAkiHsMcF4Q"]Life in a Day - The American Way[/ame]

—————————————————————————————————

Lev Myshkin's Digital Tonic (channel)
Word Surgery (blog)

Last edited:
Nice. I enjoyed watching that very short film.

That's nicely done and put together!
I didn't know that camera can do film sequences ... what would the T2i translate into if you had to call it so-and-so-hundredD (European way)?

That's nicely done and put together!
I didn't know that camera can do film sequences ... what would the T2i translate into if you had to call it so-and-so-hundredD (European way)?

Thanks! Yeah the film feature on these cameras is absolutely stunning. Having options in focal length for film at the price of the T2i makes it very accessible to guys like me on a tight budget. Currently I'm filming a feature length documentary on it : )

In Europe I believe the Canon Rebel T2i is called the Canon 550D — it has all the same features as far as I'm aware.

Thanks!

————————————

Lev Myshkin's Digital Tonic (channel)
Word Surgery (blog)

Last edited:
Ah, the 550D it is ... that would be the great-great-grandchild of mine, and mine still does not have any of those features.

Ah, the 550D it is ... that would be the great-great-grandchild of mine, and mine still does not have any of those features.

Ah, I haven't used the earlier 300D iteration but I'm loving the 550D. The versatility that it offers in being able to take stunning stills or filmic video whenever I need either has changed the whole experience of photography for me.

In video mode the camera does have limitations (12 min. clip length and overheating sensor) but I've been able to work around those really well.

Most reactions

Back