Lifeguard Stands

When I saw the first one, I thought to myself "he should try and shoot this at the end of the day". Then I saw the last one, which is exactly what I had thought you might want to try.

With lifeguard stands as cool as these, this is a neat idea for a series.

(Watch your horizons... they are a tad crooked.)

When I saw the first one, I thought to myself "he should try and shoot this at the end of the day". Then I saw the last one, which is exactly what I had thought you might want to try.

With lifeguard stands as cool as these, this is a neat idea for a series.

(Watch your horizons... they are a tad crooked.)

Thanks invisible. I think I will try to shoot more on my various beach visits throughout the year.

Number 3 is definitely my favorite, the other two have too much background distraction. I like the composition in all three.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. I think they are all cool, but I agree about the background distractions, I think that's what makes the 3rd one my favorite. Will try to work on that going forward!

the last 1 is the best~ perfect timing heh ;P

Last is the best followed by the first; middle one has too much a busy back settings.
See in all the three i perceive a tilt which may please be corrected

Regards :D

Last is the best followed by the first; middle one has too much a busy back settings.
See in all the three i perceive a tilt which may please be corrected

Regards :D

in the unedited version the horizon is straight but the lighthouse stand is crooked... i thought having the subject straight would bet the least visually offensive ... but now im conflicted... thoughts ?

in the unedited version the horizon is straight but the lighthouse stand is crooked... i thought having the subject straight would bet the least visually offensive ... but now im conflicted... thoughts ?

crooked water is something really unnatural, although also a crooked main subject might be annoying. You may try to work a little with the lens distortion controls in Lightroom, maybe you may be able to repair it. Or redo again with a longer focal length (staying far). But the idea is good (the last in particular).

I'll echo what others have said about #3.

However, I do like #1 too. The vibrancy of the colors on the tower, flags, and people is really great. I think it could be tweaked to have a straighter horizon, but otherwise, a good job.

#2 is interesting, but the background is too distracting for me (repeating geometric shapes of the windows, tents, etc). If you can, you should shoot this from another angle or with narrower DOF. :thumbup:

I'll echo what others have said about #3.

However, I do like #1 too. The vibrancy of the colors on the tower, flags, and people is really great. I think it could be tweaked to have a straighter horizon, but otherwise, a good job.

#2 is interesting, but the background is too distracting for me (repeating geometric shapes of the windows, tents, etc). If you can, you should shoot this from another angle or with narrower DOF. :thumbup:

Thanks! I would love to go back to So. Florida!

Oops, I didn't register that you said you were on vacation, lol. That might be hard to do a re-shoot then ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back