What's new

Light and colors

Actinometro

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
287
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
actdsc9835800.jpg
 
I am assuming that you are looking for C&C, otherwise you would not post here(?). First impressions, nice image - sunset? sunrise? - hard to tell. Foreground is too cluttered and detracts from the main subject which I assume is the house - fences tend to take the viewer's eye out of the picture before they get to the house. Horizon is right across the middle and thus cuts the picture in half which is generally not a good thing (see rule of thirds on horizon placement), and it is tilted to the right. My 0.02¢ FWIW.
_______________
WesternGuy
 
I'm not going to disagree with WG's points, but you know what? With that gorgeous light, I can look past every single fault in that image. I like it. A LOT!
 
I also love it, for me it's the fence, beautiful pattern, but i think you should have shown more of it
Maybe that is a good point - take the house out of the picture, or de-emphasize it somehow, and concentrate on the fence as the main subject.
______________
WesternGuy
 
There is something I like about it too. Something you might like to try: Get an angle to your left here, so that the upper part of the fence on the left hand side meets up with the building. So that the fence would lead the eye right to the building. Tilt is easily fixed so other than that like I said, I like it!

Also, as mentioned before the light and colours are great! Good capture.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom