Light and Shadow? Sharp as a Bic.

You know, why do you go home and read your GD manual. If you're not gonna take the free advice you get here seriously you can go sh.... OH and I'll be expecting a public apology in the form another thread stating such apology to all you have wronged....

I'm gonna need a list on my desk in the morning of all the newest offenders. I've been out of the loop. :lol:

No no no no no.
I wanted the shadow. I was doing the Cgipson , " light and shadow thing"
The freggin dinosaur was 25 bucks so I had to settle for a 99 cent bic.

Totally missed that thread... this is what happens when I disappear from here too long, dammit. :lol:

Emily, I'm gonna hire you to shoot my wedding. I have 14 women I have to pick from so this may take a while.
Seriously though...........you're good people Erose.

:biglaugh: HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's okay... by the time you pick, I might actually be capable of shooting a wedding. You know where to find me when you're ready! :sexywink: :lmao:

All it takes is time, and equipment. The most valuable thing you have is time.
We all know me. I aint gettin married anytime soon. I'm having too damn much fun. But when I do..............I want YOU to shoot it.
I'm quite confident in you.

D'aaaww! :blushing:

Thanks! :biggrin:

I don't know a thing about lighting. But the first thing I saw was the the loss of the outline in the upper left corner of the lighter. It doesn't just fall off like the red trigger (which is also a little dark) all the detail in the top is lost. The whole image just looks a bit underexposed.
EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!
Why I never.
I have never taken a bad picture in my entire life. I usually take C&C very well.............UNTIL YOU came along.
How dare you insult my image. You should be ashamed of yourself. Are you? WELL?
I'll have you know that I just got my camera last week and I already have 14 clients.

Now.....
6724564377_d33a099d9c_b.jpg

TAKE THAT!
LOL

:lmao: I just tell it how it is! It does look much better. Now I can see that the focus falls off the bottom 1/4 of the lighter. Was that intentional? What is it that YOU want to accomplish with this? You know, why do you go home and read your GD manual. If you're not gonna take the free advice you get here seriously you can go sh.... OH and I'll be expecting a public apology in the form another thread stating such apology to all you have wronged....

What?
What are you talking about?
Focus? That shyt is sharp as a tack.
Are you kidding me? I shot this in program mode. IT'S PERFECT!
My clients expect no less.
2050%2520-%2520anime%2520facepalm%2520mspaint%2527d%5B1%5D.jpg

You know, why do you go home and read your GD manual. If you're not gonna take the free advice you get here seriously you can go sh.... OH and I'll be expecting a public apology in the form another thread stating such apology to all you have wronged....

I'm gonna need a list on my desk in the morning of all the newest offenders. I've been out of the loop. :lol:

I haven't been on here for a year yet, but public apologies seem to be at an all time high.... You're really not missing much. I was just laying low, waiting for all the ones who got new cameras for the holidays to get tired of their new toys...

That's not you Naptime, you and your daughter do good work.

Last edited:

I haven't been on here for a year yet, but public apologies seem to be at an all time high.... You're really not missing much. I was just laying low, waiting for all the ones who got new cameras for the holidays to get tired of their new toys...

That's not you Naptime, you and your daughter do good work.

Gotta love Christmas and birthdays. :lol:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LightSpeed

Emily, I'm gonna hire you to shoot my wedding.
I thought you would let your buddy Gipson to shoot your wedding. He will be disappointed.:(

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LightSpeed

Emily, I'm gonna hire you to shoot my wedding.
I thought you would let your buddy Gipson to shoot your wedding. He will be disappointed.:(

Don't shoot weddings anymore! :) Only bugs, dinosaurs, and landscapes! I don't think Lightspeed count's as a landscape... although some of his women might! :) lol!

No no no no no.
I wanted the shadow. I was doing the Cgipson , " light and shadow thing"
The freggin dinosaur was 25 bucks so I had to settle for a 99 cent bic.

Totally missed that thread... this is what happens when I disappear from here too long, dammit.

Miss Emily.. you didn't miss much.. I just found a man-eating Allosaurus... and got photos of it (Risked my life, I did!) It was a beast.. and everyone says they are extinct! HAH!

dino.jpg

Why didn't you shoot it at 45 then you could have had shadow wrapping around the front, i will have to give you lessons on lighting

Don't shoot weddings anymore! :) Only bugs, dinosaurs, and landscapes! I don't think Lightspeed count's as a landscape... although some of his women might! :) lol!

What is that supposed to mean?

I'd say while the second version is better in terms of exposure, this could have significantly been improved by use of simple 8 1/2 x 11 paper being used as a reflector. One above the lighter to reflect where it's underexposed by where the actual flame comes out, and where the red button is, as well on either side to reduce shadows even further.

Not bad for just a ring flash setup though. What aperture did you shoot on?

Why didn't you shoot it at 45 then you could have had shadow wrapping around the front, i will have to give you lessons on lighting

I have a 560 speedlight that I never use, and I've been wanting this ring flash for a long time for macro work.
I will probably take you up on that because I dont know shyt about lightening or studio work.
And I admit it. lol
Plus I've seen your work with light and you and Gipson are both pretty good. Well really better than " pretty good" but I didn't want to admit that.

Yes yes, I'm sure you and Gipsons heads have both swollen to the point that you both will wear satellite dishes, instead of hats.

I'd say while the second version is better in terms of exposure, this could have significantly been improved by use of simple 8 1/2 x 11 paper being used as a reflector. One above the lighter to reflect where it's underexposed by where the actual flame comes out, and where the red button is, as well on either side to reduce shadows even further.

Not bad for just a ring flash setup though. What aperture did you shoot on?

Thanks Tyler.
It was F11, at ISO 80.
Really, I don't know what I'm doing with speedlights and stuff.
Everything I've ever done, has been under existing light outdoors.
I saw some of Gipsons and Garys stuff and quite a few others, and bought a Yongnuo 560, but I never have tried to use it.
I should have been studying up on use of speedlight, or light in general, but I've been busy trying to get a Barn owl.
I never can get close enough to them.
In short, when it comes to lighting, you guys got it all over me. I don't know what I'm doing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back