Light C&C

Laika

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any critique on this picture? What could I have done differently? Does the mood here work?

4445079057_10be3fa0c5.jpg

is the girl edited into the shot? how much post processing?

Mood works beautifully here. The only thing I'd do is clone out that green flare to her right as it is pretty distracting...almost looks like she is looking at it.

White dress looks overexposed to me, but then again....nearly everything looks overexposed on my work monitor....so I can't say for sure on that.

On second glance...is the real or was she pasted into this scene. It actually looks like she was pasted in since she is so bright yet her surroundings are so dark. If this were real, the ground should be better lit in front of her creating some type of shadow of her behind (since there are shadows all over). There should be a shadow of her or no shadows at all based on the lighting that should have taken place to get her lit so well.

She was indeed really at the location. Though in editing I did select her and brighten her up, since I wanted a lot of contrast between her in the background.

Her dress is not over-exposed on my monitor, as I can make out the polka dots on her dress.

I also hate the blue dot. Though I am having trouble removing it. Should I just clone it out or try to change the color?

She was indeed really at the location. Though in editing I did select her and brighten her up
What did you do ? Brush her with white and set a blending mode, and then erase the edges ? She does look like she's been pasted into the scene. There's that cut out effect if you zoom in around her shoulders, not saying u did that though. My suggestion to clean it up, would be #1 remove green flare/light. #2 clean up the white around her shoulders with a soft brush.

Upon reviewing it again on a better computer, her dress is exposed fine (as I suspected). However, this edit really ruins it for me. She is well lit and bright, well exposed, etc.... however the ground all around her isn't. If this was lit properly to get the same result (could have been done) then the area around her feet should be better lit and there would be a shadow of her on the ground which would have helped by adding depth. As it sits now it looks as if she was photoshopped in (whether she was or not) and I would lighten the foreground/background area (maybe try a graduated filter in your editor) to make her not stand out so bad.

Most reactions

Back