Light Display at local park

Spuzzette

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We're just a small town here....Not sure of the settings I should have used...never shot Christmas lights before...and it was a complete spur of the moment

Enjoy!

Nice job. Just be advised that I received a lot of rude posts from my Christmas Light photos that I posted so just be prepared.

photo guy said:
Nice job. Just be advised that I received a lot of rude posts from my Christmas Light photos that I posted so just be prepared.

Seriously photo guy?
Come on.
Grow up.

Very nice photos! Especially for your first time. Did you use a tripod?
Love the first one :)

photo guy said:

Hers are a lot different then yours and you did not receive rude remarks on your photos. Your photos got critiqued and then drama ensued. And why would you post that. Nothing like keeping the drama going!

Spuzzette said:
We're just a small town here....Not sure of the settings I should have used...never shot Christmas lights before...and it was a complete spur of the moment

Enjoy!

I really like them. The 1st looks magical (I'm a dork I know).

Dominantly said:
Photos are ok snapshots.

What the heck is in that avatar above?!?!

My avatar??
If so, I have no freakin clue! I posted something a little while and my avatar looked like that but I haven't changed it!

were these tripod or handheld?

what was the shutter speed?

#1, i think would benefit if the lighthouse were more to the right and a little more of the water & bridge on the left.

#2, i really like. especially the ducks in the foreground.

if you can't see the differance between these photos and the christmas lights you posted... then you have far more issues than we thought you had.

try to avoid taking YOUR drama to other people's threads.

Because they were awful. Don't bring your issues into someone elses thread.

Spuzzette, the first one is pretty nice. The snow really helps.

The second looks sharper than the first though.

Both could use a little breathing room at the top. Both are essentially arrows, or triangles, pointing up, and being so close the the edge is uncomfortable, and leads the viewers eye out of the frame pretty quickly.

I don't mind the bridge cutting through the subject here. It sorta repeats the topnand bottom of the lighthouse. I do wish it were a little lower in the frame.

lighthouse.jpg

Good shoots. There is no snow down here.

Both could use a little breathing room at the top.
Bitter's edit makes it much better.

#1, i think would benefit if the lighthouse were more to the right
Do you think the lighthouse should be more to the right(more water) or more to the left (more tree and snow)? And how about more water & reflection at bottom?

Enjoy!

Some nice shots.. exposure looks pretty good! :0

Most reactions

New Topics

Back