What's new

Light Fence Thing - Looking for Opinions

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd like to hear what people think of this shot. Don't hold back, I'm not fragile. Technical, artistic... any comments welcome and very appreciated.

Light Post - 002 sm.jpg
 
The subject is not that great, in fact i don't really see the subject
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
The subject is not that great, in fact i don't really see the subject

It's the fence-pole-light-thing. Right there? Don't you see it? Man my eyes must be going BAD. :lol:

I'm obviously just joking. I like pictures of random spots of stuff... for some reason the leaves and the post and the light grabbed my attention and seemed neat.

Is there another way I could have framed the same subject and gotten a shot that would appeal more? Or is it just a useless subject and I should resign myself to admitting that I have deep deep issues and need therapy? :)
 
my tips would be to 1) put the post straight 2) put more of the wood in the shot (so less leaves) and 3) convert it to b&w
oh and lose the watermark
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
my tips would be to 1) put the post straight 2) put more of the wood in the shot (so less leaves) and 3) convert it to b&w
oh and lose the watermark

Ok, well I can play with a couple of those now. The raw subject is about 3000 miles away from me so I won't be able to re-cap to get more fence, but I'll play with the B&W and straightening to see what it looks like.

i don't get it

Don't get what?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
Ok... combination of some suggestions you guys made and a buddy of mine as well. Let me know what you think.

Color version...

Light Post - 002 exp tpf.jpg


And B&W version...

Light Post - 002 exp bw tpf.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
Photography 101
Rule #1 - Find something to take a picture of

Is the view pretty good from the cheap seats, Mr. 19 posts? :lol: Too funny.

I never actually said this before, but just for anyone following... I'm not like over-attached to this photo or anything. It was just one of those things... I kinda noticed it walking through the zoo and it seemed kinda neat to me, so I snapped it. Later on, I felt about equally as interested... not stunning, but I kinda liked it.

So, out of curiosity I posted it here to see what people felt about it... how it was good/bad/could be made better/etc.

Just sort of an interesting excercise. I appreciate everyone who has been following along and giving some constructive thoughts. In truth, I don't think there's any real way to salvage it as a good shot... it really isn't all that interesting... but fun to play with and see what I can do, regardless.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom