Light Help For Jewelry

Nikon D3100

I'm also assuming that you are saving as JPEG images in the camera??? If you are saving as Raw files and processing in something like LR, then leave the WB setting on the camera at automatic and use the card method I posted above to correct in LR. If you're saving as JPEG files, then adjust your white balance in camera for the lights - Adjusting White Balance Settings on a Nikon D3100 - dummies

Disclaimer: no offense intended in the suggested reading, I just find them simpler for those without a lot of knowledge on a subject.

Not offended at all. Thanks :)

Nikon D3100

I'm also assuming that you are saving as JPEG images in the camera??? If you are saving as Raw files and processing in something like LR, then leave the WB setting on the camera at automatic and use the card method I posted above to correct in LR. If you're saving as JPEG files, then adjust your white balance in camera for the lights - Adjusting White Balance Settings on a Nikon D3100 - dummies

Disclaimer: no offense intended in the suggested reading, I just find them simpler for those without a lot of knowledge on a subject.
I've read this article many times.
Sadly it has not helped me at all. It mentions PRE but doesn't really tell you how to do it.

Here is a video showing how to set a Custom White Balance on a Nikon D3100.

SHOWS how to do it reasonably well.

mentions PRE but doesn't really tell you how to do it.

"PRE" Is short for "PRESET". If you want to save a custom WB that you can use over and over then you would save your custom settings as a "PRESET". However at this point until you become familiar with setting the WB I wouldn't save anything as a "PRESET". Concentrate on the instructions above "PRE"

Wow @Derrel had the easiest way for you to do it!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for that video. I will be watching that and many of the videos that come up on You Tube when I search Nikon D3100. Also thanks, I will steer clear of PRE :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back