What's new

Light Painting CC

mdtusz

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
259
Reaction score
0
Location
Victoria BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First try at it. All done with ISO 100, f/22, 20s

1.
4405403527_e52f9e7292_b.jpg

2.
4405403107_e9468d5a8b_b.jpg

3.
4405402819_83c56e42c1_b.jpg
4.
4406167648_d63c375959_b.jpg

5.
4406167234_8bd7ebefbf_b.jpg


How do some of you get your light lines so crisp? I just focussed on where I was going to be standing, but some of the lines still look pretty soft. Also, give me some more ideas for things I could go paint at night :D
 
I like the third one. Is it supposed to be a heart? Either way, I'd like it better if I could see the point on the bottom.

Pretty colors. :) What did you use?
 
Thanks! I didn't have my tripod at home so I could only set the camera down landscape on a desk. It was just a little led light I had then I adjusted the colour a bit.
 
Ok looks like you got a working system down. Now get creative with it. Do it somewhere interesting and expose it so you can get an idea of the surroundings, like in a gazebo. Try and draw a figure of someone sitting in a chair. Make an outline of your body and paint a face in it. Just a few ideas. My last attempt I tried to draw a flower, but the lines came out real soft, I'll have to try again. So far I've only written words and stuff in the air, nothing special really.

I love light painting though, and it's always best if you can say "no post processing at all" when it's done.

Good luck, keep trying. Google 'michael bosanko' he does some great work.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom