Light painting, Living room.

Awesome photos! I am wondering how you did the exposure times though, "set it to 15 minutes". Did you use a shutter release cable/remote while its on Bulb mode? I have a t2i and my longest shutter speed is 30 secs then Bulb after that. Or does your camera have a feature where you can jot down a number of seconds manually?

I have am ML-L3 shutter remote, I also have a setting that lets the shutter stay open for 1,5,10,or 15 minutes OR untill I hit the remote again. So I set it to 15 minutes and only used 344 seconds (5.7 minutes) So I think i'm going to try it again but time it this time for 14 minutes or so and get alot more work done :D. Check the user manual, i'm not familiar with canon settings sorry. Yes my camera was set to BULB mode. It helps alot.

Yes but the 1,5,10 and 15 minute setting is under, Menu>Custom settings>Remote on duration.
Uploading another one! in next post.

Alright I just finished this one. I don't know it it's worse or better, I added a few different things but the lining is also off on some parts. COMMENTS WELCOME

shutter: 620.1 seconds
Aperture: F14
ISO: 100
5222928388_7615355a40_z.jpg

Yeah I thought they were kind of cool too. I don't like the back of the chair part and the off lines on the right hand side. I'll have to redo it but it was a 10 minute exposure.

Thank you. I was thinking about it one day and I thought hey, why not do it when the power is out. So I came home from work and no power. So I went right ahead and tried it out.

I attended a workshop where they discussed about "light painting".
I have been itching to do that for a long time when I came across this thread.
Loved the pics. I am guessing you need some light source so that the outlines are visible.
Will try this out soon.:thumbup:
Thanks for the inspiration.

I attended a workshop where they discussed about "light painting".
I have been itching to do that for a long time when I came across this thread.
Loved the pics. I am guessing you need some light source so that the outlines are visible.
Will try this out soon.:thumbup:
Thanks for the inspiration.

Thank you for the kind words, if you do need a little step by step tutorial to get you going PM me or check out youtube there's alot of tutorials on how to do this. It's easier theny ou think.

This looks like it was alot of work Bram nicely done. Can you leave a chair out and paint in a light man stick figure. That would look cool. Hehe.

This looks like it was alot of work Bram nicely done. Can you leave a chair out and paint in a light man stick figure. That would look cool. Hehe.

You know what Dee. For you I just might do that tomorrow.

:hug:: Lol I just saw all the outlines and thought a stick man in there would look cool. And it might not but I am eager to see it. :)

Most reactions

Back