What's new

Light & Salt

dancer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
113
Reaction score
13
Location
Amsterdam
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted a few photos from the side of the Dead Sea at night that I wasn't so sure about a while back. I have been saving this one for a good time. I guess I felt like it was time to be done with my Israel album. There are still a few more but I really like this one. Let me know what you think.


Salty Lights by Nadia & Casey Photography, on Flickr
 
That is very interesting! Just salt left over from when the water evaporated? What are the lights in the back?
 
I think it was some kind of electric transformer but Im not really sure. We were there only for a few minutes as a security guard drove by and told us get out. It was near a massive magnesium factory right next to the Jordanian border and there was no shortage of barbed wire and machine guns. He even told us that beyond the embankment in front of the light there were land mines.
 
Excellent shot...at what time of the day this was shot? and what kind of light illumines the salt ridges?

Regards :D
 
Thanks so much. I think this was around 8PM. The sun was going down around 5 so it was dark but the moon was almost full. The light on the salt is the lights of the security car as he passed behind me then pulled over to tell me it was a very good idea to get out of there fast.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom