Light sources for basic photography?

Flash units will work. Hell, whatever gets the job done. I'm just looking for something to use around the house for when I don't get a chance to actually go out shooting for a while. I've been looking through tutorials for water splash photography, bubble, low key, stuff I could do around the house and give it a try, but they all require added light sources.

You got some nice stuff at your site. Good work!

For low key, I always used available light fast film or a tripod. It is not everyones cup of tea. But I like that type of shots the best...

img030lr2.jpg

img014lowres.jpg

img033-3.jpg

img047-2.jpg

no question who those are copyrighted too.

MLeeK said:
Yep!

I have a few of the slave/master bulbs that Derrel is talking about. I call them disposables. They're handy and cheaper than the YN's. You can then put them in a work clamp thingy you can find in the hardware dept at wal mart. Then you'd need a modifier for them which is a bit tricky as there is no mount for an umbrella or softbox or... BUT they are definitely a great option. And if you break one? your out less than $20!!!
I usually choose in favor of my speedlites instead of them. I like the battery operated option-no cord inside and I can go anywhere without a power source.

Those do look cool though. I think those would be handy of you wanted to light a room up. Plug them into a lamp and have better light than continuous lol.
They aren't a whole lot of wattage, but they definitely do work! And there are cheaper ones out there... http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist&cat1=Flash/Lighting&cat2=On Camera and Slave Flashes&cat3=Slave Flashes

Most reactions

Back