Lighthouse tour, eastern Michigan

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On my recent visit to Michigan, my mom and I plotted out a quick day trip to see a few lighthouses. I traveled lightly for this trip, carrying only my phone and my Holga for picture-taking. For those not familiar with these toy cameras, Holgas only have 2 apertures: sunny and shady.
icon_mrgreen.gif

The entire coastline of the Lower Peninsula is ringed with lighthouses, since Michigan is a rustbelt state and so much of its industry is transported over the Great Lakes. It's a wonder to think about, and they are each intriguing.

I don't have all my film developed from the trip, and these are quick negative scans, not prints.

Low tech, for sure!

View of Lake Huron from Point aux Barques:

Point%20aux%20Barques%20lighthouse1_zpsbbxf4jwr.jpg

Point aux Barques lighthouse:

Point%20aux%20Barques%20lighthouse_zpspydwbbff.jpg

Towards the campgrounds at Point aux Barques:

Point%20aux%20Barques%20bench_zpsyuvlkwqm.jpg

Port Sanilac lighthouse. The attached house is now privately owned, so everything must be admired from a distance and over fences:

Port%20Sanilac%20lighthouse_zps5hjkx2id.jpg

Random marina along Lake Huron:

Marina%20on%20Lake%20Huron_zpsiktapm4a.jpg

Fort Gratiot lighthouse:

Fort%20Gratiot%20lighthouse_zpshdx2hqlt.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Those are great Terri. Need to develop about 5 rolls and get out to shoot more. Great use of a Holga, it looks sharp like mine. My 35 mm Holga is a dud but the 120 TLR is a stud. Well done.

Love them! Numbers 3 and 4 are my favorites. I love the Holga look for shots like these :)

Thanks! I thought it might feel too limiting to use the camera, and in a way it was - but it was also liberating in its own way, too. :)

Thanks! I thought it might feel too limiting to use the camera, and in a way it was - but it was also liberating in its own way, too. :)
Like walking naked in the living room with the drapes open...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back