Lighting Equipment Test

Spoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I ordered a couple of flashes/umbrellas/light stands last week and they arrived earlier today. I eagerly took a few test shots. I feel the framing might be a bit off, but I am more concerned about the lighting. I used three strobes, two on each side through umbrellas and one behind bounced.

Any C&C would be greatly appreciated as I have never worked with any of this type of equipment before. Thanks for helping. :D

spo4577webxb3.jpg

spo4564webqa7.jpg

spo4555webqx5.jpg

I like the lighthing...but one thing you might want to keep in mind is the reflection on her face. Seems like the oil on her face is giving a shiny surface or something....perhaps a bit of powder there, or a quick rinse would help...because not only are you responsible for the lighting, but you have to make sure the makeup is alright if you're doing it in studio...whether a stylist does it or she does it herself...
Just something to keep in mind.
You seem to have the right idea though with the lighthing. Just the last one...is a little blown out on the left side.

Wait, why do you need one behind bounced? Bounced from the ceiling or from an umbrella?

Oh, and shoot through makes the light harsher than if you had bounced it off an umbrella.

Wait, why do you need one behind bounced? Bounced from the ceiling or from an umbrella?

Oh, and shoot through makes the light harsher than if you had bounced it off an umbrella.

Bounced into and umbrella positioned behind my wife with the strobe on low power.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back