Lighting for good skintones

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
I need some tips on getting the best skintones. I may be shooting in a studio type setting (not an actual studio). I am using a Sony 717 that tends to give somewhat cool pictures. I have a warming filter that's coral colored and Moose's warm circular polarizer. Any suggstions on inexpensive or homemade lighting, reflectors etc.? Exposures, ISO, aperture (I only have 2.0-8.0), flash, distances, anything?

Are there different lighting techniques if some of the pictures will be converted to B&W?

I'd say stay away from fluorescent, which will give greenish overtones (especially if you're using filters instead of white balance settings).

You can probably find thick yellow foam board at your local Wal-Mart, Target, etc in the school supplies. Using that as a reflector, or a piece of white with metallic gold wrapping paper covering it will warm up the light also. Home improvement stores around here have 500w worklights with a 6ft tripod for like $30-50 and they would make pretty good hot lights with a frosted shower curtain or something hanging in front as a diffuser.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back