Lighting issue

Inkbleed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have purchased three 85 wattt continuous quartz lights with softboxes to use with a portable studio.

The first time I used them, they were great. But after that, they are casting a hot red tint to my images. My pics look fine when do not use the lighting, but inside with them on--I get a yellowish red cast to all my images.

I tried turning the intensity down, but I still got the tint.

I cannot find anything online to offer any suggestions -- thought I'd try here. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Is your camera set to the right colour balance? Every light introduces a tint of some kind even a flash. It's the job of white balancing to eliminate this. Especially with non flash light sources a grey card with custom white balancing in the camera is often needed to get things perfect.

The cheap way is to photograph a white piece of paper and either use that as a custom white balance point in camera somehow, or shoot in RAW and then select that as your "white" point for white balance.

Is your camera set to the right colour balance?
The cheap way is to photograph a white piece of paper and either use that as a custom white balance point in camera
DITTO. WB, WB, WB. Either shoot raw or preset it correctly.

Post an example.

Most reactions

Back