What's new

Lighting

rwphotography

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 30, 2009
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone!!!!! So, I learned the hard way the other day shooting my brother and his family at a park in the sunlight and boy was there shadows and glare everywhere :thumbdown:. I have no light set up. I do have a Canon 540EZ but decided not to use it for some strange reason. I know it's an older model.

I'm interested in getting lighting equipment that is portable and yes I'm on a budget. I was in my local photography store and I noticed they had some lighting equipment kits and they were ranging from 239-350 dollars which is within my budget. Since I know nothing about lighting equipment, I couldnt even begin to tell everyone what was included other than the lights, umbrellas, and light stand.

When I go back to purchase some lighting equipment, what should I be looking for?

I am also going to be purchasing some circular polarizer filters and i'm using 70-200mm f/2.8 non-IS and 50mm 1.4 on a 50d and Xsi.

Please help and thanks in advance!!!!!
 
im working on building out my first light now - i bought a canon 430ex ii, and today my light stand ($30), and 36" umbrellas came ($13). my umbrella clamp will be here tomorrow which was another $20, and wireless trigger was $30 and should be here next week.

since you already have the flash and if you were to do the same, you'd be looking at roughly $90/light or so.

in case you cant tell..this is going the strobist direction... Strobist
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom