Lightning(Amature pics) C&C please

Fusionbrad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi, took this photo the other night, i dont know much about photography but i think the photo is awesome. took it using my canon A720is
please leave comments

3479512705_cc69a1075b_b.jpg

here is the link:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3630/3479512705_cc69a1075b_b.jpg

Very cool! I like at the beginning of the bolt that it is almost weaving in and out of the clouds

that is a sweet shot. if you dont mind what was your method of getting that shot and did it take quite a few tries?

Good capture Fusion, I can't wait until I get the chance at some lightning this year! I was going to say that it looks slanted to the right, but the light post suggests otherwise. I was just wondering if you tried a square crop on this one bringing the right side closer into the taller tree, might want to give that a shot to tighten it up a bit, some people don't like 1:1 crops apprently, but I do hehe.

I just started taking some lightning pics myself. I like yours Fusion, what were your settings?

Here are a couple I took the other night, tell me what you think.

I used a Nikon D70 with a Sigma 28-70mm 2.8-4 d 30 sec exposure at F/8 ISO 200

DSC_1613Small.jpg

Cool.

In the 1st photo, I would Clone out the light poles, and the cars head lights.

A little distracting from subject, lightning.

Ok, being extra critical now, your horizon is a little off in the 3rd shot. Something to watch for.

JMO

dan

thanks, but seriously i dont know much about photography , my settings where night mode on my camera :) it took quiet a few shots i can tell u that ;) it was quiet a big storm so i had lotsa time

Cool.

In the 1st photo, I would Clone out the light poles, and the cars head lights.

A little distracting from subject, lightning.

Ok, being extra critical now, your horizon is a little off in the 3rd shot. Something to watch for.

JMO

dan

I disagree. I like the light pole and the headlights. It adds a sense of place and gives the viewer a reference point. Nothing distracting about it all.

Most reactions

Back