Lightning Bulb

Tony275

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is another set i've been working on a while, It's NOT photoshoped.
It's a long exposure shot and the swirl at the top is another light whilst the exposure run's.

Lightningbulb600x.jpg

I'm thinking i'm nearly there with this,But would welcome your comment's

OTE, just for the biggy.;) ok hertz

Many Thank's Tony

The only thing that bothers me is the table line...you could either try removing it, or putting something over it and shooting again to make it less obstrusive...it might not be so bad if it were slanted, but I think I'd still like to see this on just solid black w/o the table there...

I like it !!

what I wold do to it si to blacken the table or the suport for the Lightning Bulb, or to crop it :D

I agree with amanda on the table. I think you have a really solid shot here though. I especially like how you got the light to come through the top of the bulb. What did you use for the top light (if you don't mind giving away your secret)?

It's a table mat that I used to stand it on, Because I wanted the blue shadow which I could'nt get on a b;ack surface, agree it's not straight and that detracts, I have no problem with anyone editing this tigerallied, Thank's for the comment's.

Tony

kilifila66, Ok here's my secret but you must promise to tell know one;) .

The swirl at the top of the bulb is a torch/ flash light, I moved it around whilst the exposure was running and this is one of the many effect's you can get.

swirlbulb.jpg

Set everything up and lock focus then turn down the light's press the shutter and move the torch around how ever you feel, and this is the kinda thing you'll end up with. hope I've explaind everything ok,If you need to know anything else about these pic's just ask, It's not a national secret ok :D

Tony

i really like it. the slant of the table i dont like but i love the blue shadow on the table. i think it provides balance to the image that wouldnt be possible without it.

Tony275 said:
kilifila66, Ok here's my secret but you must promise to tell know one;) .

The swirl at the top of the bulb is a torch/ flash light, I moved it around whilst the exposure was running and this is one of the many effect's you can get.

swirlbulb.jpg

Set everything up and lock focus then turn down the light's press the shutter and move the torch around how ever you feel, and this is the kinda thing you'll end up with. hope I've explaind everything ok,If you need to know anything else about these pic's just ask, It's not a national secret ok :D

Tony

I like this one better than the first one though you might have gone a bit too far. Besides the issues already mention I found the lack of definition of the light bulb to be distracting. On the second one the bulb is clearly defined yet still with the unusual lighting. Perhaps a few less trips around the bulb would be called for.

However, I am very intrigue and impressed with this concept and I feel that you are well on your way to producing an excellent series of images with this concept.

Onyx, Thank You,

Scott " However, I am very intrigue and impressed with this concept and I feel that you are well on your way to producing an excellent series of images with this concept." Thank's , I hope I prove you right and produce the good's or were both gonna look fool's ;)

Many Thank's To all Who Commented Tony

WOW!

Im well impressed!

I would only say on the second (better image imo), that the bottom (metal) bit of lightbulb looks....odd, not metalic.... but who am I to critique! amazing stuff dude!

What did you use to do this? I mean shutter speed wise, must have been pretty slow... v. impressive.

I figured that was how you were doing it. I am a huge Tokihiro Sato fan and he does a lot of that stuff. If you want some ideas or inpiration go check out some of his work. Oh and I agree that the second shot is superior to the first one, but nice work on both.

Most reactions

Back