Lightroom 3 trouble

mrshaleyberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I've been having some issues with my lightroom. Was wondering if anybody else has gotten this before. The other day I imported a batch of pictures, and edited a few, then closed lightroom, to do some other stuff. When I opened it back up, on almost every picture I got a message saying "file **** is offline or missing". Well, I couldn't figure out the problem. Then I uploaded more photos into lightroom, and it's now doing the same thing, and it's really making me mad! I've got 4 batches of pictures I need to edit, and I can't because it's not letting me edit them with this message!

How do you turn lightroom back "online" if it's offline? I know these pictures aren't "missing", because they're still on my computer. Soooo...

Does anybody know what to do?

Thanks!

Did you rename the folder after you imported it. I have it happen after I went into my pictures folder and renamed it. You can go find the missing folders easily though.

Maybe the pics are on a USB drive that's got disconnected? I also wonder if it's trying to read them from your memory card and not from the hard drive. Did you import them from the memory card, or did you move them to your hard drive first, then import the pictures from the hard drive directly?

In the Libray, does the file or folder have a "?" to the right of the name?

I didn't import them from a USB drive. I imported them from my camera, put them all into a folder called "photos to edit" and then imported that folder and it's contents into the lightroom. I didn't rename the file. All the pictures have a ? next to them. What's weird is that a couple pictures (like 2 or 3) from each set will let me edit them, but the others are "offline or missing". It's driving me nuts!

Edit: And this is the process I've been doing for the last 6 months or so, and this hasn't happened until NOW! Of course! :(

Have you tried to 're-import' that folder on your hard drive into LR?

Oh! And another thing! If I edit the photos RIGHT as soon as I import them into lightroom, it's fine. But, if I close lightroom, and reopen it to edit, I get this error message. It seriously doesn't make sense to me!

No, I haven't tried to "re-import" it yet. I guess I could try and then close lightroom to see if it works that way. It's just weird that I'm having this problem now...

I have only that problem if I mess around with the photos and rename the location. When I import mine I do it by date with keyword, tags. Then immediately go through and get rid of all the junk and keep only the ones I plan on editing. Sorry wish I could be more help.

It's ok. I think I'm going to try giving adobe a call tomorrow and see if they can tell me what's going on!

It seems as if the pictures aren't being 'saved' in the Lightroom Library for some reason. I wonder if it is something in your Import settings. Did this problem begin suddenly after LR acting correctly for awhile or have you just gotten this program and it does it every time?

Also, is it LR3?

It's been fine for almost a year or so, and it's just now started doing this! Within the last week. How would I look into my import settings?

And yes, it's LR3

Do you manually import or have it on auto import?

Another thing..The photos I did get around to editing aren't saying they're "offline or missing"..Unless I go to edit them again. Ugh. Lightroom...You are irritating me!

Most reactions

Back