Lightroom 4

PDP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographydirectoryproject.com
I am looking at possibly upgrading from Lightroom 3 to Lightroom 4 (currently beta).

Have many people tried out Lightroom 4? Is it much better than Lightroom 3?
Is it worth upgrading??

Cheers

lightroom4 rules. nuff said

If you shoot RAW, the camera raw process version 2012 (in Lightroom 4 and PS CS6) is so much more intuitive to use. Also the ability to paint-in more corrections such as white balance with the adjustment brush is also very exciting. Those 2 reasons alone are why I'll be buying.

Great and I agree with all that but LR4 has yet to be optimized and is slow as hell. LR3 screams on my machine but LR4 is very sluggish so I don't use it much. If you check the adobe forums you can see thousands of post from people who have been complaining about this.

I'm not an early adopter of new software because of issues like McNugget801 brings up.

Lightroom 3 was not a big enough improvement over Lightroom 2 for me to upgrade, but I'll get Lightroom 4 later this year.

I've been using the 4 beta. It's pretty sweet. But I don't have any experience with version 3..

I played with it a bit and I REALLY like the new toys in it. It's still beta, why not download and use it till it's finished?

Most reactions

Back