Lightroom not exporting the exif data

SofieFii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lightroom is driving me crazy right now! I had to import a few thousand photos and so I made a temporary Lightroom catalog to work from. I then sorted my photos and started exporting them and placing them in the correct catalogs and into my Photos app libraries. Everything looks good until I realizes that a lot of the photos is sorted wrong. The creation date for them is suddenly the export date. Apparently Lightroom doesn't export the exif data on some of the photos and videos (not all though) with I also confirmed by using the Preview app. So what should I do? Please help, I don't want to spend the next several weeks changing date and time on a lot of photos!

Have you managed to tell Lightroom to not export Exit data with the image in the Export dialogue?

I always check each part of the Export dialogue even if I don't think I have changed anything

I've checked that and it says export all metadata. Shouldn't be something wrong there since some of the photos and videos exports with the correct data.

So you are exporting to different folders on your hard drive? Odd that the EXIF isn’t consistently going.

I can try a few tests when I get home and let you know what happens.

I'm exporting to just one folder on my hd. I make a selection, export and then import them again to the correct library/collection. The weird thing is the fact that it doesn't happen with every photo, just some. :/

That would be great, thanks!

Perhaps a stupid question, but why are you exporting them and then re-importing them?

I import once and then just move them to where I want them to be.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back