Lightroom Question

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These past 24 hours i've been really researching Lightroom and all its features.. I've been using it for about a year, but didnt really dig deep into it, and I came across the lightroom killer tips site and podcast...

my question comes out of watching the podcast, and seeing mike's set up... on his, he can switch through folders so easy because he has his route set up to read Folders, instead of All Photographs... (heres a pic of his...) sorry for the bad quality, its taken from a podcast.

20081207-8pbki17nswtf6ueftwd39dh83f.jpg

notice that his starts with Folders... well mine starts with "All Photographs":
20081207-f5jbsfa17nttrtyhm4teucn6qc.jpg

and when I click it to try and change it, I don't have the Folders option, all I have is "all photographs, Quick Collection and Previous Import"... does anyone FIRST understand what i'm trying to do.. and if you do, know how to change this so i can make my work flow a little quicker.

Mine is set up the way you're trying to make your's...

Let me try to remember how to do it...

OK, this is really easy....

I switched it back to "All Photographs". To get it back to "Folders" all I have to do is click on any of those folders you see on the left.

lightroomfoldersCapture.jpg

Is that what you're trying to do?

this option only shows images that are currently open in the Lightroom application right? I tried navigating to where all my images are archived (as .dng) and none of them showed up through this folder structure on the left panel.

this option only shows images that are currently open in the Lightroom application right? I tried navigating to where all my images are archived (as .dng) and none of them showed up through this folder structure on the left panel.

you have to import them into lightroom in order for them to show up

thanks for confirming that... my archived dng files are on an external HD via my airport, and sometimes it does weird things with applications not realizing the files are there, so I wasn't sure if it was that or not having them imported.

you can actually just plug in your external HD, and import the pics from that HD.. but not have them copied to your main HD... so when you look at light room.. the albums are actually read right from your external HD... it's a pretty neat function of LR

Most reactions

Back