Lightroom upgrade

Seadawg

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is any one else having trouble with light room? I just upgraded to the latest version (and i swear i could before) and it wont let me import my camera raw files. Or is it just me? Did i have to edit them in CR then save them as a PSD file to import? I am having brain malfunctions...

LR is made to import and edit raw images so there may be a disconnect somewhere.
If you could import your raw images before, I'd be very surprised that an update changed that.
What camera do you have?

I concur with T_T. Importing is pretty much a core feature of the product.

What are the symptoms? Dialog doesn't appear? Images don't appear in dialog? Can't select images in the dialog? Are you trying to copy? Move? Add? We need more details.

My system is totally up-to-date and I had no issues importing several hundred images in the last 2-3 days. As fotomonkey said, more detail is needed. You insert your card/connect your camera, open light-room, click on 'File' and select 'Import Photos/Video', the file-manager dialogue box opens, you navigate to the location of your .cr2 files, and select import. What does or does not happen next?

Sorry for the late reply.. When i go to import my photos, the only ones i can select are the psd and jpeg files. Canon 60d. I am importing from my hard drive. I'm sure that it is completely something I'm doing, but i don't think I'm doing anything different if that make since. I am still fairly new with LR is the only reason im saying that.

Are the pictures visible, but greyed out? If so, that normally means that you've already imported them into that catalogue. You can't import the same image twice into one catalogue, so you can either create a new catalogue, delete the exisiting import, or just open up the existing import.

That's right, greyed out. So if i import a whole new set of photos, ones that i have previously imported are store in a catalogue? I've seen "catalogues" but i thought that was something i had to manually do.

No, every image you import is automatically stored in a catalogue; or to be more accurate, a thumbnail of every image is stored. If you open up Lightroom and and go to the 'Library' module, under 'Catalog', you will see several entries, one of which will be 'All Photographs'. If you click on that, it should show all of the images you've imported into that particular catalogue.

Ok, thanks. I'll take a look at that.

Ok, i got them.. Thanks for all the help.

You can import the same photo into Lightroom more than once. You just have to turn off the Don't Import Suspected Duplicate Setting in the Import Dialogue. Screen shot below

Lightroom-Close-Up-Dont-Import-Suspected-Duplicates.png

Most reactions

New Topics

Back