Lightroom Users- Help Me Out?

elemental

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Since my K100D has been gone, I've had some time to think about my digital photography. One of the things I decided is that it is time for me to step up to more serious software- while iPhoto is great for organizing and GIMP can handle pretty much anything I can throw at it for the heavier stuff, using the two in tandem is rather cumbersome. One of my other resolutions is to shoot RAW all the time, and this would be an issue with the software I'm currently using.

I had demoed Aperture before and figured I'd just order that, but I downloaded both the Aperture and Lightroom demos to see which I liked better. To my surprise, I found Lightroom (1.4) was much easier to dive into and flowed very intuitively with the way I want to process my photos. I was just about ready to order 1.4, but then I found out about the Lightroom 2 Beta and the software's anticipated release sometime in the relatively near future. As a college student, I can't afford (or maybe don't want to afford) 1.4 now and 2.0 in a few months.

Here's where the favor comes in: If a registered Lightroom 1.x.x user invites a friend to use the beta, he or she has access for its full length. As a new customer on my own, however, I am limited to the trial period. Are any of you Lightroom users willing to invite me? From what I can see, the process is pretty simple- it looks like you're only going to need to sign in to your Adobe account, provide your serial number, and enter my email address to invite me to try Lightroom 2. Then, voila, I am in until the beta ends, which is presumably when a full consumer version of Lightroom 2 becomes available, at which time i will buy it.

Since I can't actually go through the proicess of inviting someone, I am not sure what info you will need, but if it requires my email or Adobe account info, please let me know and I can PM you what you need.

The link to invite a friend is here:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs_lightroom_invite

I really appreciate any help I can get. Help a young photographer out and raise your own photographer karma in one fell swoop!

Word of warning if Lightroom 2.0 beta is anything like the Lightroom 1.0 beta you're not doing yourself any favours. It was an uphill battle playing with the betas.

You may be better of just sticking with GIMP and Google's Picassa until Lightroom 2 is released or at least gets to a release candidate stage (assuming they let people play with that).

I have LR2 Beta and when I built a new machine two weeks ago I didn't bother installing LR1. I do not use the cataloguing features, just editing, and for me LR2 Beta is stable, functional, and I enjoy using it.

Good to know. I guess Lightroom 1 beta was experimental whereas Lightroom 2 beta has some stable code to work with.

LR2 beta seems quite stable. If you want an inivite, do what I did and post on the adobe lightroom forum and someone there will invite you :)

Thanks I'll wait for the gold release. I run enough beta software to know eventually I will find a bug in it. LOL

Holy 2008 Batman !

The current version of Lightroom is 6.4 - released on January 27, 2016.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back