lightroom

Kimba

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do any of you use Lightroom and if so, how do you find it?

Yes I already have it. Just interested in others opinions on it.

i came from DPP of canon and i can say that lightroom has better controls and a lot better organization than DPP.

How I found it? First my teacher told me, then I saw the box in a store, then I went to adobes website, then I "borrowed it from a friend" :p

i've been using it for a while and personally prefer it over Elements. this application is actually designed keeping in mind the "post processing" of photos.

I like LR2 at lot. It's a great program to process a large number of photos fairly quickly.

I think if you learn as much as you can about how to maximize all of the features that come with it, I think you'll enjoy using it more and more.

I've invested quite a bit of time learning as many keyboard short cuts as I can, and I have spent several hours watching tutorials and practicing with my own images.

I signed up with Lynda.com for $25/ month. So far I have taken a lot of great info from the LR2 tutorials. There's a lot of great features and the "work flow" works perfectly with Photoshop.

Dan

Here's some free tutorials if you like.

LR Killer tips

Photoshop Support- Free LR Tutorials.

It's one step in the Adobe workflow process.

It's great for importing RAW images, cataloging them and doing batch processing of first step edits (exposure adjustment, white balance adjustment, saturation adjustment, etc). For some that's enough and after they process in Lightroom they're done editing.

For me that's only the first step. Next I import my images into Photoshop and make a number of adjustments that Lightroom simply can't do.

If I had to choose just one, I would take Photoshop. Photoshop can do almost everything Lightroom does and infinitely more. I do like the organizational tools of Lightroom (flagging, catalogs, etc.) but for me it's not necessary. If I were a hardcore Wedding Photog, Lightroom would be critical.

I came into LR from PS. It definitely improved the time I spend on images...
LR is more, at least for me, for basic batch processing. PS is more of individualized approach to the photo.
Joe

I love Lightroom for my workflow, especially when I have a lot of images to process. It doesn't replace Photoshop, but it does work well in tandem with it.

I am finding that I'm using LR more and PS less, because most of the simple tweaks & edits can be done right in LR.

I enjoy LR. It does what I need to do and is quick. I do have to admit my pleasure comes from taking the photo and I want to spend a little time as possible on the computer.

I love Lightroom for my workflow, especially when I have a lot of images to process. It doesn't replace Photoshop, but it does work well in tandem with it.

I am finding that I'm using LR more and PS less, because most of the simple tweaks & edits can be done right in LR.
For weddings, it's about all you need with the exception of the few portraits you might need to edit (skin smoothing and such). Lightroom offers very crude tools for removing blemishes and stray hairs, but I much prefer the more refined tools of Photoshop for those types of edits.

But yeah, for processing lots of images Lightroom is a must.

I'm finding that I'm being more efficient because I'm not as picky with the bulk of the images.

For example, if I'm going to show the client the proof images, I won't go into Photoshop and edit each and every image to the absolute best I can. It's pretty much unnecessary. Sure, if they order a large print or an album etc, then I will spend as much time as it needs, perfecting the image in PS.

Of course, the biggest time saver is learning to get the images consistently good, right out of the camera, so that they need less editing.

Most reactions

Back