Lightroom3

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to give kudo's to LIGHTROOM3. I see so many that state its "only this or that". Yes indeed it is, but its TONS more than "this and that". If thats all it did I doubt a single one of us would own it. And junk is what you'll consider Bridge, CameraRaw, and Aperture if you try a 30 day free shot of Lightroom3.

No need to go into how eloquently file handling becomes. Lightroom3 also:

* has web publishing tools that make creating extremely custom html/flash portfolio gallery presentations a simple snap. and it automatically publishes/FTP to your site (web module)

* makes it SIMPLE to create custom print layout packages for customers or yourself. or use Lightrooms array of preset print packages (print module)

* automatically custom and/or auto uploads to all your social media at at once

*creates custom video slideshows for your customers with audio or music options

* edit, manage, and showcase all your images with this one program

* handles the whole post-shoot workflow. import, choose, edit your raw files in Lightroom, export to photoshop and do your thing, photoshop on the "saves" sends the pic back to lightroom for a side by side before and after. or should i say "original and photochopped and ready" now live side by side in lightroom and ready for print, web upload, social media upload, distribution, and everything else lightroom will do with your finalized picture product.

* it will create custom and embed (or your existing) watermarks, if you're into that type thing

Did i suggest download the free 30 day lightroom3 trial??? Many would be hooked and never look back. And the student version of this awesome program costs peanuts, as a nooB student I'm loving it paired with photoshop. I enjoy hearing some talk about lightroom as a "cataloging gig" or "image management software"
bigthumb.gif

To each their own. All of the fluff is one of the reasons I didn't like Lightroom. All I want from image editing software is, well, image editing.

I'm down to my last week of my 30 day trial for lightroom. I will be sad to see it go but I just bought photoshop a few months ago and x-mas is coming up so I can't really buy it right now. I love that you don't have to open a separate program to edit RAW files and it's so easy to organize photos. The whole reason I tried it was to organize but I really love it. I'll probably end up buying it in the beginning of the year!

To each their own. All of the fluff is one of the reasons I didn't like Lightroom. All I want from image editing software is, well, image editing.

its more about the productivity things I listed that it does, image editing LR3 is not about. The LR3 workflow takes the images to "editing" software and back. And d*mn* you'd think LR3 and photoshop got married they play so well together.

its more about the productivity things I listed that it does, image editing LR3 is not about. The LR3 workflow takes the images to "editing" software and back. And d*mn* you'd think LR3 and photoshop got married they play so well together.
Yeah, that was my impression as well. I was looking for some new editing software and tried LR3 and just decided I didn't like it for that purpose even though a lot of people do swear by it.

I love Lightroom.. It allows me to cut my basic editing time in 1/2 if not more.. I really enjoy one-click editing and i know that i can allow someone help me and I know they are doing to correctly cause its easy!

Hey I forgot to mention Lightrooms' mad INSTANT TETHER feature.

Cable from computer to camera and one button - you're tethered
dblthumb2.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back