What's new

Lightshade and Metal Siding

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i-9BMTR4b-X2.jpg


Thanks for looking.
 
Love the light fixture, the light, the colours, shadow of the arm holding the light all yummy! That shadow gives it a duality of where the light is hanging from.
I'm on the fence about the shadow of the shade though, I know why you included it, I tried to crop it closer and it doesn't work well but it makes me want more of it somehow.
 
I like everything about the image except for the small sliver of gray at the bottom of the siding...either more, or none at all. Very unique shot. I like.
 
I love the perfect focus on the close edge of the shade and the shallow DOF - that and the nice light and texture on the background really make this work. The only thing I'd do is follow ceeboy's suggestion.
 
Thanks folks! I added the boarder to mask what was on the bottom (thought it was a distraction), but I agree that perhaps showing all might be preferred.
I wanted to cover more, but this was the max for the border size in Color Efex Pro. I felt the same about the sliver left at the bottom, but decided to post to get feedback. I'll post the borderless version when I get home.

Thanks again.
 
i-JTPvL8v-X2.jpg


Borderless version. Shadow at top is from roof overhang.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom