Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've received 25 likes, which I appreciate very much, and the accumulative total shows up in my profile. My question is just what do I do with them? Do I delete them after I read who likes what I've said, and/or posted, or do I need to continue to save them in order to keep my "like" total current?

With over 110,000 members, I can see that this could eat up quite a lot of space on the lists server.

I'm sure the thousands of posts made every day take up a lot more room on the server. Likes will be a very small drop in a vast ocean.

I realize this, but I'm still trying to understand the intent of likes. Does one need to save them to keep their count current and correct. I guess I just might have to delete one and find out.

I am not sure what you are asking but I gave you another one LOL

Your likes are listed at the bottom of your avatar profile in most posts - honestly they are just a little tickbox to show how people have "liked" your posts. For the vast majority of us it means very little; nice to have but honestly not much to worry about.

(unless you like get 2000 likes or something silly like that)

Collect them like cereal box tops from the 1970's and send them in for your prize when you accumulate a predetermined amount.
Ok, you young folk have no clue what I'm talking about....lol

Or

Likes help determine your self worth and help with the average persons need and desire to be socially accepted. It could make or break a socially weak person, so be kind.

Use them like air miles and book a flight to Sri Lanka.

Your likes are listed at the bottom of your avatar profile in most posts - honestly they are just a little tickbox to show how people have "liked" your posts. For the vast majority of us it means very little; nice to have but honestly not much to worry about.

(unless you like get 2000 likes or something silly like that)

Actually, when I went to check my notifications, all the like hits that you haven't read yet, are there as a number. When I clicked on the number, all my likes were listed in newest to oldest. I've already amassed two pages worth. So if a newbie like myself has that many, there must be a fair amount of server space being used for the storage of likes as a whole.

I guess if it ever gets to a critical point, then the mods will make some kind of decision as what to do. So until then, I'll just leave them as is.

Hey Joel, if you saw the size of the server you'd realize it's a non-issue.

It's big! Really BIG! Like GOOGLEFLEX big!
crazy1.gif

In the grand scheme of things Likes barely affect the server. Picture gallery's on the other hand, they are more taxing.

Now I wish there was a way to Like the Likes you receive, ya know, thank them people. "Likers" need likes too.

One forum I haunt used to have "Exhalt" and "Smite". It was removed when the admin realized most people didn't understand the meanings.

I see them merely as a way to gauge whether or not a post was helpful or amusing to those that liked it. Those posters that are the most helpful or the most amusing (or whatever) get the most likes... could have a motivational component in some ways. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back