lines on 300D photos.

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I assume these are dust of some sort. But I don't know how to get rid of them!!!

I have taken photos, one after another without taking the lens off, and one comes up without the lines, the next has them. I *think* it's when I have the aperture in the higher numbers (f/45 etc).

there used to be only a long line (see pic) and then a smaller, dark dot turned up not far away from it. There are also some smaller dots around the place that are much lighter.

Does anyone have any idea where these would be? I think it only happens on my 90-300mm lens, but I am not entirely sure.

Any ideas? I have tried to clean the glass - and have looked at it to see if I can see anything, with no luck. Please help - its driving me crazy.

IMG_0725lines.JPG

No probs, we're all here to help aren't we!

Please do read all the accounts at the bottom of the article first though. I've only had one major camera screw up and it was cleaning ground glass, which is even more difficult but has less dire or expensive consequences. It's quite easy to make things worse if you haven't read the research.

Looking at the size of your dust, perhaps think about one of those speckgrabber things - my instinct is that the top left one is a hair and the bottom right one is a bit of crud and I reckon they'll be visible to the naked eye quite easily. I'd avoid all the blowing and sucking options (ooh errr) as it's my opinion this will get more stuff on there.

Good luck. My best advice is be PATIENT! Don't get frustrated, keep breathing calmly and if in doubt, stop, have a drink of water and take a break and a think - follow that and you'll be fine.

Rob

i'll have to try and find somewhere that sell those speckgrabber thingys in Australia, as I don't have a credit card. I might see if canon does it for free here aswell (as I know where their office is located in brisbane)

Will see how I go... :) Thanks for yoru help

Okay. i just tried the blower brush... (I read canon's site, I can take it to Brisbane, but it gets sent to sydney. Not sure of cost).

The blower brush moved that smaller dark spot, but the larger one is still there. I couldn't see anything on the sensor - but I assume it would be tiny on there...

Unfortunately I think there are now a few lighter spots around... Oh well. I'll just have to take no landscapes of use my film camera until it's resolved :)

I did that - but it didn't work. Not sure if it is covered under warranty, because canon sent me a site that said about service centres, and it says on there if it's not under warranty, you need to include a note saying how much you are willing to pay.

Most reactions

Back