LINES/SHAPES/ + FRAMMED BARN "

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How Bout A Overall Review. This Do Anything For Ya ? Composition/ lighting etc etc ??

Taken June 10/07
  • Flash used: Yes (manual)
  • Focal length: 19.9mm (35mm equivalent: 78mm)
  • Exposure time: 0.0083 s (1/120)
  • Aperture: f/3.4
  • ISO equiv.: 50
  • Whitebalance: Auto
  • Metering Mode: matrix
Inside Out Covered Bridge...

powerofred.jpg

I certainly like the concept. I like the bridge structure, and it seems to me like this is a bridge we have seen before (?) and about which I suggested you go work/play with that structure a little?
Good leading lines, and enough light up to the very foreground, is what I see, but ...

... I feel that the "hole" is too bright. The roofs look even blown.
This concept seems to ask for HDR, at least it looks like it might be worth a try to see what that technique can do.

Other than that, selectively working on the shadows of "the hole" might help it a little and make it appear a little less eye-hurtingly bright (but it may well just be my eyes, too, that are not ok and therefore hurt more easily...!!!)

Having taken these types of shots as well, I find the frustration is the amount of black dead space that ends up in the image as well as the fact that what is in the opening at the end is never quite in the best position or location either. I see that I am not the only one who has not quite worked out these problems yet.

skieur

LaFoto.... Thanks, and yes same bridge from another post... been playing off and on with this shot for nearly a year.. I cross this bridge daily to and from the house... Even without camera in hand, I take this shot each time I enter the bridge.. just haven't pulled it off quite right yet..
Backlighting always bright, on any good day..

Skieur.. I hear ya on this,,, it is frustrating... I was happy with exposure and lighting inside bridge, but wasn't real sure about out.. really bright backlighting on this one...

Although its cliche, I think shooting straight on into the bridge rather than from an angle might help. Take a high meter to get the inside of the bridge almost blacked out maybe. Looks like this was a cloudy day? Maybe a little more sun for the barn?

Most reactions

Back