Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_4193.JPG
IMG_4174.JPG
IMG_4157.JPG

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

I'm going in May!

We went last year & much preferred Porto to Lisbon.
Found the widespread graffiti in Lisbon so disturbing.

I am biased (my family are northern Portuguese and I lived in Braga, just to the northeast of Porto :) ) but I will agree with you. The last time I was in Lisbon, I didn't notice too much graffiti, but perhaps there is more now or we were in different sections of the city. And I do find Lisbon to be beautiful and fun. But Porto suits me better.

I am biased (my family are northern Portuguese and I lived in Braga, just to the northeast of Porto :) ) but I will agree with you. The last time I was in Lisbon, I didn't notice too much graffiti, but perhaps there is more now or we were in different sections of the city. And I do find Lisbon to be beautiful and fun. But Porto suits me better.

Then you will recognize this view I shot of Porto from the other side of the river, a three frame stitch.

P4280148_stitch.jpg

Then you will recognize this view I shot of Porto from the other side of the river, a three frame stitch.

View attachment 183788

Ponte de Dom Luis from Vila Nova de Gaia. Did you hit the port houses there?

The graffiti in Lisbon was extensive and horrible. Multiple tour guides called it Urban Art.
We told them it was vandalism and the people should be arrested.
IMG_4185.JPG

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

View attachment 183788

Ponte de Dom Luis from Vila Nova de Gaia. Did you hit the port houses there?

Yes we did & had a tasting of three here.

P4280154.jpg

Not these three though.

P4280156.jpg

Happens to a lot of cities. Florence used to be really bad but got cleaned up recently. Rome was pretty trashy/graffitied outside the main tourist attraction when we went there a few years ago.

Lisbon still looks really amazing and full of stuff to see/do. We took Porto off our list, mainly because we wanted to hit so much in such a short amount of time.

Happens to a lot of cities. Florence used to be really bad but got cleaned up recently. Rome was pretty trashy/graffitied outside the main tourist attraction when we went there a few years ago.

Lisbon still looks really amazing and full of stuff to see/do. We took Porto off our list, mainly because we wanted to hit so much in such a short amount of time.

Put the Chiado neighborhood on the list. The Alfama is famous for people who want to hear fado, but it's gotten touristy. Check travel websites for fado places in other areas if that's something you're interested in. If you are interested in sampling different port wines, there is a Solar do Vinho do Porto in the Bairro Alto where you can try a range of different ports by the glass. If it's like the one in Porto, they'll have a few nibbles but a huge port menu. Just a nice way to chill for an hour or two, try a few kinds of port, and move on. Be ready for a lot of hills, and be sure try pasteis de nata (or just 'natas' - you might see them called pasteis de Belem). And don't be too put off - sometimes we're sort of gruff off the bat, not always the effusively friendly sort that most tourists like to see from locals - but once we warm up, we're quite helpful and generous.

Most reactions

Back