Little Blue Heron, Cattle Egret, Waterfall, just random

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
posting some photos from the last month when I have had time to get out on the weekend for a few little adventures. found a nice new little spot on a lake with a very nice sized rookery of many different wading birds, few miles via a kayak but many alligators.

start off with a waterfall called pearson falls in NC
pearsonfalls1.jpg

This little blue heron was quite the poser for me
little_blue.jpg

littleblue2.jpg

these cattle egrets were very active nesting in large groups.
cattle_egret.jpg

This rwbb caught a dragonfly
rwbb_1.jpg

there were osprey and tons of nest nearby, but mostly high up.
osprey_flight.jpg

black rat snake on a boardwalk of my local swamp
blackrat.jpg

Finishing it off with a little baby Canadian Goose
cangoose.jpg

and the siblings
facebook-cover.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Can't really pick a fav here. I wonder why you don't post more often, your work is right up there with the best on this forum. Keep up the good work :)

I really like these. What gear do you use? Especially on #1.

Thanks

I literally wondered yesterday, haven't seen MatthewO in a bit...now I know why. You have been busy capturing more terrific shots! Raj and Bluffkin have no Idea what a treat they are in for!
always fabulous,
Nancy

Gorgeous!!

The killer shot (for me) is the rat snake. Amazing, and I love the DOF you used for it.

thanks everyone.

the first shot was kinda a hope that something would turn out ok, and i guess it did. i didnt bring along my tripod for that one or remote shutter release. i used a d800e and a cheap tamron 17-35 f2.8-4.0, i have been very happy with that $200 lens even on the demanding d800e resolution. i set the camera on a rock and used the remote shutter timer and it was a 1/2 exposure with no filters. light was pretty decent.

everything else was taken with a d7100 and 500mm F4 VR lens, the 7100 has been my goto body for pretty much all wildlife now as long as lighting is good. if total reach is not needed i will use my d800e but rarely is that the case.

Great series as always Matt! Welcome back. I've been missing your shots!

All gorgeous shots. I especially like the cattle egret, and I think that's the best shot of a RWBB I've ever seen.

Since we have a pet goose, I will go with the geese shots as my favorite ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back