Surprising end to a long day (pic heavy)

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So this time of year I am lucky to have 1 day off so I packed 12 hours with the camera in today and back to another 60 hour week of work :( Hit many spots today.. sorry for all the pictures! Comments welcome...

First shot of the day from my car.. Greater Yellowlegs
Greater Yellowlegs by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

2- moving right into Osprey world...
Osprey nest materials 4_21 5 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Osprey nest materials 4_21 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

4 The stick was a bit too large to hold onto too...
Osprey nest materials 4_21 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Off to the first state park
5 Snowy Egret in flight
Snowy Egret Flight 4_21 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

6 Great Egret "shadows and white"
Great Egret - Shadows and White by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

7 Angry Goose
Canada Goose Flight 4_21 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

8 quick stop at another Osprey Nest
Osprey Landing by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

9 Tried to catch a "Danny" shot of a swallow..
Swallow in flight by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

10 Little Blue Heron
Little Blue Heron Big Gulp by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

11 The really big surprise for me, apparently the baby owl has a sibling. This little cutie came popping up out of the tree!!!
The owl has a sibling! by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

12 My first American Oystercatcher Karate Kid Style.. I didn't have much light left and the distance was pretty far...
My First American Oystercatcher - Karate Kid by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Beautiful shots as always Kris and absolutely thrilled to hear there is another baby Owl :pimp:

Nice set. Bill we need to head to CT.

Stunning shots. You really bring out how gorgeous these creatures are. And yay, another baby owl! :lovey:

Nice set. Bill we need to head to CT.
Any Monday! You are more than welcome, and it's only 2 hours away I think...

Beautiful shots as always Kris and absolutely thrilled to hear there is another baby Owl :pimp:
1 & 11 are my favs. Nice set.
Stunning shots. You really bring out how gorgeous these creatures are. And yay, another baby owl! :lovey:
Thank you!! I was overwhelmed with joy when I saw the owlet! At least the parents still have a baby to take care of!

All are wonderful as always, but #10 with his catch in mid-flip does it for me.

Phew, I certainly wouldn't mind going out shooting with you Kris. I've never seen a greater Yellowlegs before !!. Just finished googling it ;) Amazing markings and details in that one. Superb shot and subject. Great head turn and eye contact. Those Osprey are something else, they are just beautiful Kris and fine behaviour along with fine in flight shots.

Love the squawking Canada Goose :), darn good timing. The Swallow, yeah those are hard work for sure, so flighty and dart all over the place. I've never found a technique for taking those and doubt I ever will. Fine shot and great details, love the colours and that comes down to your favourite shooting angle ;), I just wish more would shoot in that direction. Blue Heron we don't have and I sure would like to see those. Fine action and brilliant timing. We have two version of Oyster catches, one very similar to that one and a pure shiny black Oyster catcher. Nice shot with the leg up, Karate kid huh, LOL.

All the best Kris and of course, the big surprise and huge bonus, the little Owl :) EXCELLENT !!

Danny.

Love these! And soooo happy about the baby owl!!! It's my favorite pic!

Most reactions

Back