little help please with a panorama

sburatorul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
tomorow i leave in a trip around the country and in two days i will be visiting many places (small country). lucky me i know what places we will visit and there is a town square of a historical gothic city. i am planing on getting panorama and i am in doubt about which lens to use. i am gonna carry all my lenses that you can see in my signutare. my bet is the 50mm since it has no distortion as the 18-55 does at the wide end. what do you guys think?

Yup...50mm. And for best results, turn it vertical rather than landscape and overlap your shots by about 30%.

come to think of it, it does make sense to use it on vertical. thanks.i wouldn't have thought about that :D

this was took with a
18-55mm
pan.jpg

Hi,
The exposure is uneven across the pano. It's especially noticeable in the waterfall and the forest above it.
What software did you use to stitch the pano? I'm guessing there was no blending done.
If you want better results, consider keeping the exposure constant across the whole pano, by shooting in manual mode after having taken a reading in program mode.
Cheers,
Marc.

and it is a nice panorama. but there is distortion in it on the sides. now imagine that in a city panorama with a lot of vertical lines. in the mean time i was there and took the shots... the square wasnt that big so i had to use the 18mm to avoid having like 4 shots for each building and like 50 for the entire scene. the results are not so good... so my question is... do all the wide lenses have this much distortion?

Most reactions

Back