Live in NJ

FuryofNature

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.furyofnaturephotography.com
SO I took this a few months back and never did anything with it until now. The crowd watching....they look so...bored. But I thought that was interesting since you'd expect them to be into it and excited. The thing I'm not sure about with this one is the area around his (the singer's) eye. It's very dark. I don't know if that ruins the photo, or if it's not a big deal. What do you guys think? ANd...if there's something else that's overly weird or distracting please point it out for me. THANKS!

Vineland.jpg

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.
_KA

i like this foto.
I like its perspective, but it would be much better If these visitors faces will be much more interested...

well If that is reporting shoot, its ok, but I will add a better faces here, ask these people to STARE at the singer with love or passion, because he is very natural and sings with some kind of passion...

Nice photo. Do like the B&W presentation, however....

Think it would have been an 'excellent' photo if the girl in the middle of the three girls on the right had been focused on the performer rather than apparently the photographer.

IMHO - When you take photos such as this, especially when there are not that many subjects, on-the-fly subject cooperation needs to be in your favor to give it the impact and mood I assume you are wanting to convey....:wink:

Pretty good. Just bad timing as far as candidiness....

But if you crop out the three girls then its really nice.

Jake

tehbuffalo said:
Pretty good. Just bad timing as far as candidiness....

But if you crop out the three girls then its really nice.

Jake

That's my suggestion as well. Since the girls seem to be the distracting factor from an awesome pic I'd either crop or burn them out.

As for the faces looking on.. i agree about the girl who appears to be looking at the camera, i think shes actually looking at another band member on stage behind me.

as far as wanting them to look more interested....they weren't. So the reality of what happened that night would be altered if they were posed to look more interested. Maybe some backstory would help...this band was playing on a tour with about 5 other bands. All the other bands were those screaming punk bands who were in there early 20's at most, and this band, in their late 20's, don't sound anything like their tourmates. It threw many crowds for a loop. I thought the disinterested look on the kids faces kinda carried that idea with it.

I;m going to try a crop of it to see how it looks though! Thanks all for the suggestions. let me know if the backstory help any in regards to the kids faces.

FuryofNature said:
Maybe some backstory would help...this band was playing on a tour with about 5 other bands. All the other bands were those screaming punk bands who were in there early 20's at most, and this band, in their late 20's, don't sound anything like their tourmates. It threw many crowds for a loop. I thought the disinterested look on the kids faces kinda carried that idea with it.

You know.....quite honestly I missed looking at the photo from that perspective.....:oops:

If the girl in the middle had just been looking in some other direction other than right at the camera that point may have come across. Obviously, based on your backstory, you can now tell that she was easily distracted from the performance underlining your comment of disinterest.

What else is kind of cool is that if you leave those kids in the frame with their blank expressions the pic kind of mocks the band. I would imagine as a performer there are few things worse than rocking your heart and looking out to a yawning crowd which the original seems to capture.

If you crop those kids out of the frame... the focus becomes the performer alone and the pic seems to be hyping him up instead.

Yea, I ain't easy being a musician. :( lol.

Honestly, I think there is a bit too much contrast here, and it really bothers me that his eye is missing. The good thing is the story behind the original, which I really liked, and the POV used. This guy really looks like a passionate singer.

Were they any good?

Most reactions

Back